• Welcome Guest
Atlanta Braves

Welcome to the Atlanta Braves.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Wealthy are ethically challenged
  • To:All
  • 2/28/12
  • AyamwhatAyam

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-02-27/wealthier-people-more-likely-than-poorer-to-lie-or-cheat-researchers-find.html?utm_source=Daily+Digest&utm_campaign=399fde0cbd-DD_2_28_122_28_2012&utm_medium=email

So, of course, we should all accept the lies their mouthpieces in DC use to justify more tax breaks for them at face value. A partial sampling:

"We are the job creators!"

"Cut our taxes so we will invest in America!"

"Tax cuts on us pay for themselves!"

and so on.

Bottom line: If your baby has a piece of candy, be on the lookout for anyone wearing a Rolex.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • wncbravesfan
We all know the poor create the jobs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • AyamwhatAyam

The report literally says wealthier people are more likely to take candy from children.

Greed is good... for the greedy.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • wncbravesfan
And that is your belief?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • AyamwhatAyam

I should discount the research? Why? Because some well-off person tells me I should?

The general point is that this myth that the rich are virtuous and the poor are exemplars of moral decay is bunk.

It's like that Koch brother said, "I just want my fair share - everything."

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • wncbravesfan
All I asked is if it was your belief.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • AyamwhatAyam

"The “upper class,” as defined by the study, were more likely to break the law while driving, take candy from children, lie in negotiation, cheat to raise their odds of winning a prize and endorse unethical behavior at work, the research found."

Honestly, I would find it hard to believe that the rich are that bad, but if the studies show as much, I'll have to revise my views.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • Frida_Gates
the "upper class" are the privileged class here in america, so they feel they can do whatever they like. if they were to get into trouble for their unethical behavior they have the finances and the connections to escape any real punishment.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • NELSKOF

How can you find this hard to believe? Do you have a notion that life is supposed to be fair? I was raised that life isn't fair.

Don't they say in baseball that if your not cheating your not trying. The same is true in business, courtrooms of law and just about everywhere else in society. Did Microsoft cheat? Of course they did. Does that make Bill Gates a terrible person? No, he is quite the opposite. He gives more than any human on the planet but he and Microsoft are quite the cheaters. They put good, honest working people out of business. Was what they did to Netscape fair? Our government said it was unfair and they were punished for it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • NELSKOF

"The general point is that this myth that the rich are virtuous and the poor are exemplars of moral decay is bunk."

What myth is this?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • Frida_Gates
the myth you constantly hear from wealthy people and their supporters.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • NELSKOF

I guess I never heard of this myth. It sounds like something that was actually created by the poor.

"Tey tink tey betta tan us" mentality?

The truth is they don't think they are better because they don't care.

• Reply to this Message
Message 159676.13 was deleted
  • 2/28/12
  • winthorp

"The report literally says wealthier people are more likely to take candy from children. "

And yet, I'd rather be wealthy than poor. You bleeding heart lazy libs crack me up. The "green with envy" sweat oozing from your pores is laughable. You all hate the rich, but want all their money and naturally, you want to do nothing to earn it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • wncbravesfan

Disagree.

The 60+ folks that work for me are because of my DRIVE, not the community.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • stvitusfx
So if the community stopped buying what you produce, you would keep doing it just to keep those people employed?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/28/12
  • South6987

Would you feel safer on the streets of Harlem or on 5th avenue?
Which one of these places would a crime likely take place?

Maybe you should go do a study.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/29/12
  • AyamwhatAyam

So as usual, it's not about the study. It's about the person reporting that the study exists. From a link and a comment, you know all about me.

BTW, re this: "you want to do nothing to earn it," stealing is not earning.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/29/12
  • AyamwhatAyam
When did you last take candy from a child?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/29/12
  • AyamwhatAyam

Or Wall Street. I'd put my money on that being the site of some very big-time crime.

I've never been to Harlem. Have you?

• Reply to this Message