• Welcome Guest
Toronto Blue Jays

Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Baseball America's Pirates' Top 10 Prospects
  • To:All
  • 1/15/13
  • kofi404

The Pirates are solid at top 5 in a balanced way. The trio of Cole, Taillon and Heredia have solid arms; while the duo Polanco and Hanson carry big bats. Few organizations can match that balance...So, these high sea robbers really do not need Navy SEAL techniques of training... BA expert, Jim Callis, has placed the Pirates at # 8 in his top 10 list of farms...

TOP TEN
PROSPECTS

1. Gerrit Cole, rhp
2. Jameson Taillon, rhp
3. Luis Heredia, rhp
4. Gregory Polanco, of
5. Alen Hanson, ss
6. Josh Bell, of
7. Kyle McPherson, rhp
8. Justin Wilson, lhp
9. Barrett Barnes, of
10. Clay Holmes, rhp

BEST
TOOLS

Best Hitter for Average Gregory Polanco
Best Power Hitter Josh Bell
Best Strike Zone Discipline Clint Robinson
Fastest Baserunner Harold Ramirez
Best Athlete Gregory Polanco
Best Fastball Gerrit Cole
Best Curveball Jameson Taillon
Best Slider Gerrit Cole
Best Changeup Nate Baker
Best Control Kyle McPherson
Best Defensive Catcher Tony Sanchez
Best Defensive Infielder Gift Ngoepe
Best Infield Arm Kirk Singer
Best Defensive OF Gregory Polanco
Best Outfield Arm Willy Garcia

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • raysjays2
Now it needs to translate into the MLB--considering St. Louis isn't as strong now without Pujols, and there are questions about Cincinatti.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • kofi404
The Cardinal's farm is loaded and better with the likes of Miller, Rosenthal and Taveras ready to stem in...The Reds are basically "all set" at the majors level...But if you mean, catching one of those teams with "pants down" one season, then yea, it can happen and probably will...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Angrioterr

Cole
Taillon
Heredia
Hanson
Polanco

look solid

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Sir_BJay

St. Louis was still a great offensive team last year and I don't think that's gonna change this year. Especially if and when Taveras gets called up. If Chris Carpenter comes back and Garcia plays a full year then the already decent rotation gets a boost. The Cards can also expect Miller and Rosenthal to come up.

The Cards are in a real good way.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • thehurl

" there are questions about Cincinnati."

I'd love to hear about the Reds questions.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Lipchitz
Me too, they're deep at every position on the diamond. They have the best hitter in baseball, JOey Votto. I guess there are some injury concerns but, mostly because their SP's were so durable last season. They could use a couple upgrades in the BP as well. IMO they are the favourites to win the NL Central (with STL close behind).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • kgm1

Reds are very deep especially if they leave Chapman in the BP . The cards are deep and have the best farm in the majors .

The Pirates have moved forward but with those two in your division you are fighting for the 2nd wildcard which isn't realistic with that pitching staff .

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Lipchitz

Agreed on all point.

When Cole and Taillon make the majors that team should be ready to take the step towards contention.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • thehurl
I think I posted this after the Choo move, They have solid backups at every position. Mesoraco at C. Soto at 1B (not optimal but might rebound but probably is not really needed as an OF would probably take 1B), Hanrahan at 3B. Hamilton at 2B, SS and CF. Heisey at any OF spot. Leake, Corcino, Lotzkar, Redmond, Villareal and Cigrani as Starter/Pen options as well as trading blocks. Really like what they've built.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Angrioterr
Cingrani is ready to the big. Corcino (pop + smart) looked really good in Dominican winter ball.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Bingching
Ah, St.Louis is significantly stronger without Pujols.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • kofi404
What is the word on how the Pirates subjected some of their prospects to Navy SEAL techniques of training in Instruction League?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Frag
Resulted in the injury of one of their top prospects, Polanco.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 88468.15 through 88468.16 were deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • kofi404
Wow, I didn't even know that the rest of us are privy to Navy SEAL training techniques!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • kofi404
Thanks,Spanky, for the additional information.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 88468.19 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • silvergun
wow, with the massive tidal wave of backlash/ridicule it's amazing that's still going
  • Reply to this Message