• Welcome Guest
Toronto Blue Jays

Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• JP Arencibia to play on Team USA in WBC?
  • To:All
  • 1/15/13
  • dizzle4

Really?

Arencibia tweets: "Talking to a legend Joe Torre is a good way to start a week!! Honored to put on that USA jersey again!! #LetsGetIt"

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • RIPEXPOS
Hopefully he gets some good coaching. The experience will only be beneficial.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • kirksaw33
One of Posey, McCann and Wieters said no I suppose.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Angrioterr
Thole next
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • kirksaw33
Cute. Naw, they're going to take 3 catchers and none will be long in the tooth veterans who are late in their careers. Anyone coming off an injury or with an injury history would be going either.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Angrioterr

possible Jays WBC

Encarnacion
Bautista
Reyes
Boni
Melky
Lawrie
Dickey
JPA

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • gsnarls
Well, good for him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • dizzle4
Lott: "Anthopoulos confirms that JPA has team's OK to play for USA in WBC."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Angrioterr
John Lott ?
Anthopoulos confirms that JPA has team's OK to play for USA in WBC.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Dr_Dinger
Bautista is not available for obvious reasons.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • gsnarls

I guess Torre has until Thursday to sort out his roster. Must be busy on the phone...

-

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130115&content_id=40967684&vkey=pr_mlb&c_id=mlb

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • sinasdf
This will be a good preview of Arencibia's catching skills for the knuckleballer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Chappy81
This will just further inflate his head.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • gsnarls

Can't risk Bautista injury aggravation, feel bad for him but...

Reyes is expected to play right? Interesting to see if Melkey gets invite for the DR team.

Glad Dickey is pitching for USA - means we all get to see him in action on TV before the regular season starts...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Angrioterr

"Bautista is not available for obvious reasons."

add BonifacioRD and RomeroMex to unavailable list

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Sammy225
I like this It can only benifit the guy being around all stars like that. Lets hope he soaks up some knowledge.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • gsnarls
Yeah, that Arencibia Bobblehead will have to be redesigned with a head 3x the usual size...

Edited 1/15/13   by  gsnarls
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Chappy81

"I like this It can only benifit the guy being around all stars like that. Lets hope he soaks up some knowledge. "

Or its going to make him think he is better than he really is, playing on a team with stars.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • gsnarls

I hadn't seen some of these names mentioned yet:

-

http://web.worldbaseballclassic.com/2013/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130113&content_id=40948014&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Some of the latest players to commit to playing for Team USA in this year's World Baseball Classic include the reigning National League Cy Young Award winner, one of the game's most experienced left-handers and one of baseball's best young relievers.

R.A. Dickey, Andy Pettitte, Ryan Vogelsong and Craig Kimbrel are set to join manager Joe Torre's star-studded provisional roster that is expected to include David Wright, Giancarlo Stanton, Joe Mauer and Ryan Braun, MLB.com has confirmed from baseball sources.

Other bullpen pieces will include San Diego's Luke Gregerson, and Cleveland's Chris Perez and Vinnie Pestano. Red Sox outfielder Shane Victorino is expected to join Baltimore's Adam Jones in the outfield, with Mark Teixeira, Jimmy Rollins and Brandon Phillips joining the infield group.

Justin Verlander is a possibility, but he would be a later addition. The team is also expected to carry three catchers, but the other two are still to be determined.

Other potential Team USA stars like Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki and Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • gsnarls

Why did I think Stanton was from Cuba or Venezuela?

Oh well, great option for the USA team...

• Reply to this Message