What a joke. That's all I have to say.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • chevive
Will he give back all that endorsement money he made? lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • gsnarls
Funny it takes an interview with Oprah for him to finally fess up. Jeez...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • stangstag
Why is he a joke? I'm sure many cyclists were using the same stuff he was. The fact is, he raised alot of money for cancer. He is still a good guy in my books.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • Dr_Dinger
He raised that money under completely false pretences. He's a massive fraud.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • CochtomusPrime

Didn't he dump Cheryl Crow when she had breast cancer? After she stayed with him through everything?

Either way, he's a clown. Disgrace.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • fearthedoc

"He raised that money under completely false pretences. He's a massive fraud. "

Yeah a fraud and a liar. Also I'm sure a lot of insiders who tried to break the story in the past lost their job after making those allegations.

I can't forgive a guy who lied to us like that over and over.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • masterbather
<Depends on your definition of "good" I suppose. From what I read, I sure as hell wouldn't befriend him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • gsnarls

If this story is correct, I'm just glad he finally fessed up. For lotsnof reasons.

I'd have more respect for Roger Clemens if he'd just admit he used too.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • masterbather

Well, one thing I will say, fraud or not, is that he has raised lots of money for cancer research. Even dishonest people can do things that have positive results.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • ehjays

"Funny it takes an interview with Oprah for him to finally fess up. Jeez."

With his history, Oprah is probably paying him BIG bucks for the truth.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • masterbather
Are there not legal implications if Roger confesses? I would think there will be legal implications for Lance also that he has clearly decided to accept.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • gsnarls

Yeah, I dislike him more for the way he treated people and colluded, more so than the fact he was using PED's (which everyone knew he was anyway)

As for the PED use itself... In the 80's of baseball and 90's of cycling, if 80-90% of athletes were using, should we really judge them very harshly? Or just accept it was "part of the game"?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • gsnarls

Agree. Few people are 100% bad or good. I can accept he probably raised money for the right reasons, rather than for more fame. I give him credit there. And the world is a better place with that $ going to cancer research.

As an athlete, he obviously had the talent. But he was a cold, calculating, cheating SOB competitor and bullied people and colluded to protect his image. That last part is my biggest beef with him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • fearthedoc

"As for the PED use itself... In the 80's of baseball and 90's of cycling, if 80-90% of athletes were using, should we really judge them very harshly? Or just accept it was "part of the game"?

This may seem dumb but it's the continuous lying that bothers me more than the actual PED use. I know it's irrational to expect them not to lie; but it really bothers me when they belittle anyone that lays these allegations on them, and it turns out the allegations were true.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • gsnarls
Me too. Note my next post.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • baseballsss
im gunna assume you feel the same way about bonds and clemens who did far less for their community.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • jay-train
Well, we better destroy any research that came about because of the Livestrong campaign. The money was raised under false pretenses so the research must be faulty too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • Dr_Dinger
Can you name any specific cancer treatment options that came to light because of Livestrong? I'm just wondering if you can, off the top of your head.
  • Reply to this Message