Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Justin Upton rejects trade to Mariners
  • 1/10/13
  • PuppyWorld

LAA, Texas and Oak are too tough I think

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • PuppyWorld

If we pretended AL East didn't have Houston Astros then it is very safe to say that's the hardest division in MLB

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • B_T_S
Their losing culture and giant park?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • thehurl
he knows that even moving in the fences bats like his go to Seattle to die. He's looking at a 2016 payday is my guess. I'd love to know who Seattle offered up...they have pitching but I can't believe Arizona is looking for pitching.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • barryssyringe
i hear smoak is just a great prospect? haha
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/10/13
  • thehurl
<Also Kendrick publicly ripped him (and Bauer...someone needs to shut this fat fuck up) so he's going to make the D-Backs life hell. It's a possibility anyway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • B_T_S
This is Kevin Towers we're talking about. So it was probably Wilhelmsen and Furbush.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • B_T_S

But really, what would even make sense to be going back to Arizona? Not Montero/Smoak because of Goldschmidt. Not Ackley because of Hill. Not young pitching because the D'Backs don't need it.

Maybe something like Seager, Wilhelmsen, Franklin, and Hultzen?

Any deal seems low on upside for Arizona.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • Sir_BJay
Maybe Seattle was dumn enough to offer Zunino?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • herps
Anyone who reads the illustrious "Around Baseball" thread would have smelled this coming since 2:07.... just saying.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • B_T_S
That wouldn't make much sense for either team. Seattle needs the offense, and Arizona is fine at C and 1B going forward.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • Sir_BJay
Utterly shameless...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • Sir_BJay
I'm trying to think of value swap, and Seattle doesn't have much of it that Arizona needs, unless like you said, they offer some pitching like James Paxton even though, he's lower on the depth chart in Arizona.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • B_T_S
Yeah, they just don't seem to match up well at all.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • JFaS
Only piece that would make a good deal would be King Felix. Maybe Brendan Ryan. AZ fans should be thankful Upton declined.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 88423.17 was deleted
  • 1/10/13
  • drnegative
Maybe Franklin Gutierrez was involved since Arizona for some reason decided to trade their CF for Cliff Pennington.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • tercet
Arz doesnt neee 1b of or c, so 2 of hultzen paxton or walker plus franklin would be involved
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • herps
"According to CBS Sports, AZ would have received Furbush, Pryor, Franklin, and one of either Walker, Hultzen or Paxton in exchange for Upton."
  • Reply to this Message