• OT- Brian Burke FIRED!!
Message 88409.1 was deleted
  • 1/9/13
  • dizzle4
Amazing news!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • jays1960
Not a big surprise, his approach has been awful and the team's in no better position. I'm very curious to see who his replacement is and if they want their own coach.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • ehjays

Thats AWESOME!

He ruined that team.

• Reply to this Message
Message 88409.5 was deleted
  • 1/9/13
  • herps

uhhh... why?

He's been making all the right moves. Except for that horrendous Kessel trade, of course.

But seriously, I don't get it. He's been getting value in the majority of his trades and responsibly adding young talent. They have been on the right course, even if the train has been moving slowly.

Oh well. Lol.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • jays1960
The only thing I question is the timing. Why now just before the season is about to start as opposed to the summer. Who knows.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/9/13
  • sinasdf

lets hope Colangelo from the Raptors gets canned.

MLSE is a joke

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • ehjays

'He's been making all the right moves. Except for that horrendous Kessel trade, of course.'

That was the killer.Kessel was good but not for 2 first rounder and an early 2 nd.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • againigan
They're talking about the firing on TSN right now. Gino points out that under Burke, the leafs best finish was 10th in the east. I had a good laugh about that one
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • herps

<Yeah but why the hell would you fire him for that right now? He should have been fired for that debacle the moment the Leafs missed the playoffs with Kessel, giving Boston that lottery pick.

He must have sent gross old man wrinkly dick pics to Larry Tanenbaum's daughter or something.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • NorthOf49

Thank God.

There's absolutely no way to argue the Leafs are any better than they were when he took over, and he had more than four full years.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • ehjays
LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • thehurl

<As a friend of the Zezel family I say Fuck You Burke. As a Sens fan I wish he could have run the Leafs forever.

You'd swear someone died listening to Hockey Central. Just stunned silence. I'd love to hear him give a wrestling style shoot interview though about the org.

Edited 1/9/13   by  thehurl
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 88409.16 through 88409.17 were deleted
  • 1/9/13
  • Frag
<Talk about news coming the fuck outta nowhere. Holy crap!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • masterbather

The timing of this is absolutely insane. There couldn't be a worse time to mess with the GM position. Clearly something happened in the last couple of days that caused a sudden shift. Fascinating stuff for sure.

This is why everybody else hates the Leafs. Here we are at the end of a lockout with a fresh new season upon us, and the Leafs will dominate the headlines for the next while. I love it.

• Reply to this Message
Message 88409.20 was deleted