• Welcome Guest
Toronto Blue Jays

Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Blue Jays might be the most hated team for the Dominicans.
  • To:All
  • 1/8/13
  • Angrioterr

According to sources, AA will not allow Jose Bautista, Jose Reyes, Encarnacion, Bonifacio and Melky participate in the World Baseball Classic....Encarnacion and Melky were practicing to join the winter league in the Dominican Republic and suddenly the Blue Jays ordered to stop both.

Bautista, Encarnacion, Reyes and Melky would be starters in the Dominican team.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • Dr_Dinger
Yeah, I don't care about this. Dominicans don't buy tickets and don't have TVs to watch our games.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • dineke
source?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • BoosterJuicer
this seems pretty harsh. I`m guessing lawrie wont be able to play for canada either right or is it just for dominicans
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • NorthOf49

He'll surely allow Lawrie to play for Canada, so I'm not sure how he disallows other guys excluding Bautista.

Usually it's the players that decide not to go and not the teams who prohibit them, IIRC.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • abomination
I can understand not letting Bautista go, but it seems a little harsh to bar the other position players.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • sorrow
I'd ideally like anyone on our 40 man roster prohibited from playing in the WBC.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • snooked11
you never post links!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • herps

<This seems like a good way to piss the core of your team off.

He would definitely be warranted in telling Bautista not to play. Maybe even Reyes, since he's an injury prone guy. But the other 3, he should definitely let participate.

I'd be inclined to call BS on your source, actually. Can't see AA being such a dick, especially when it would alienate half of his position players.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • BoosterJuicer
yup this seems like bs. Even prohibiting reyes from going isn`t wise considering he was just traded here and didn`t have any health issues last year. Bautista is the only one that shouln`t be allowed to play.

Edited 1/8/13   by  BoosterJuicer
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • herps
Like, he'd almost have to prohibit Lawrie from playing for Canada as well. Could you imagine the backlash?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • Sammy225
I don't think it is wise to believe this post.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 88393.13 through 88393.14 were deleted
  • 1/8/13
  • Lipchitz
Maybe they left to join the Winter Tour before games start? I assume all of those guys will at least be invited to a few of the stops.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 88393.16 was deleted
  • 1/8/13
  • thehurl
yep would be one of the stupidest moves ever. I can see him (and probably most GM's) wanting to say this but no way he will. Not to mention MLB would intervene anyway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/8/13
  • bzapple
He'll post a link in a few hours.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 88393.19 was deleted
  • 1/8/13
  • thehurl
Drew FFF ?@DrewGROF
Reyes & Lawrie going to the wbc for sure. EE asked to go as well
  • Reply to this Message