• Welcome Guest
Toronto Blue Jays

Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Milb.com: Syndergaard talks stuff
Message 79522.1 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • Sir_BJay
I was looking for a reason to start fapping today.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • Frag
Synderyan?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • Sir_BJay
ooooh I like that.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 79522.5 through 79522.7 were deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • Sir_BJay
It doesn't, his 2-seam sits in the low 90's. If it moved as fast as his 4-seam and had 2 seam movement, that would've been a very, very good thing.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 79522.9 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • robbs40

No link but I remember seeing something in the offseason about Syndergaard and the Oakland A's.

Apparently, Billy Beane would only trade Gio Gonzalez if Syndergaard was part of the package going back to them. I don't know if this was a deal-breaker for AA but it does suggest that he profiles highly by the A's scouting department.

I do question the velo ranking on his 2-seam FB. Few pitchers can crank it up to 94 with a 2-seamer (right now, only Strasburg and Verlander come to mind).

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • gsnarls
How good is the off-speed stuff?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 79522.12 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • Lipchitz

"when it's actually a two seam and it cuts inside to break the bat."

2 seam fastballs have heavy sink on them. The two pitches wont be the same speed in the end, I haven't heard of anyone throwing a 2-seamer the reported 97mph of Syndergaard's 4SFB.

• Reply to this Message
Message 79522.14 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • Sir_BJay

You heard right, even Mike Wilner said that when Billy Beane wanted Syndergaard, AA wasn't interested, I don't blame him.

The radar gun when Syndergaard was throwing a 2-seamer said 94, but that gun was a few MPH hot, so I'm guessing his velo on the 2-seam is about 91,92, which is still very good.

• Reply to this Message
Message 79522.16 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • Lipchitz

No, that's what I would expect velocity-wise. He does make it sound like they have the same average velocity of 94-95mph but I bet his 2SFB actually sits a little slower.

I actually didn't know that Syndergaard threw a 2SFB. IMO he already has 2 plus pitches now (4SFB and 2SFB) and I expect his change-up and curve to grade to at least average offerings.... His stuff just keeps looking better and better.

• Reply to this Message
Message 79522.18 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • SpeedyGose
so much mustard, watch out gose
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/21/12
  • mitchf
He's wildly overrated though
  • Reply to this Message