• Welcome Guest
Toronto Blue Jays

Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• BA 2012 Top 100 Prospects
  • To:All
  • 2/21/12
  • Frag

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/top-100-prospects/2012/2612998.html

Blue Jays:

17. Travis d'Arnaud
39. Anthony Gose
67. Jake Marisnick
91. Daniel Norris

Edited 2/21/12   by  Frag
  • Reply to this Message
Message 79521.2 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • Dr_Dinger

Sweet! Finally!

Quite the gap between Gose and Jake.

Hutch snubbed again.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • Frag
"Why didn't we include him? It's because we've never heard of a prospect named Drew Hutchinson!"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • bzapple

66 Addison Reed
67 Jake Marisnick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcy8bvhewtU

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • bzapple
I'm actually surprised Hutch didn't make it onto 75-100 range of the list, since they seem to be favouring a lot of guys that are close to the majors.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • Sir_BJay
Lol, dayum I didn't notice that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • leaffie

J.J. Cooper, was on XM radio this morning and he said that the Jays will have the #1 farm system next year. And when asked, said that they were the one team in MLB that might have a surprise run this year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • HASHTAGLOVETHISTEAM
Reliever > White Carlos Beltran, bro.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • jays_fever
Another list anointing Norris the best Blue Jay pitching prospect even though he hasnt made his debut yet. Major slap in the face to Syndergard and Hutch
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • Dr_Dinger
What the <hell is taking Sickels so long to come out with his Top 100? He was done his team reports before anyone.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 79521.13 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • Dr_Dinger
I'll trade him back to you for Strasburg.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • John_Havok

Ben (Leland Grove): Between Justin Nicolino, Aaron Sanchez and Noah Syndergaard, who ranked the highest on your top 150 lists?

Jim Callis: The Jays have the deepest system in baseball, I think, but they only landed four players on the Top 100 because I don't think we had a real consensus on how to rank their high-ceiling, less-advanced pitchers (the three Ben mentions) against lower-but-solid-ceiling, more-advanced pitchers like Drew Hutchison and Deck McGuire. All received several votes, with Nicolino and Syndergaard getting the most support.

Kelly (Toronto, ON): Only # 46 for Marisnick? Every article I've read say he's a legit 5-tooler and I believe you could make a case for him to occupy the same range of your top 100 as Starling, Myers and Arenado. Explain?

Jim Callis: He's actually No. 67, but that's lower than I would like. I ranked him 44th on my personal list and prefer him to fellow Jays outfield prospect Anthony Gose. As for the three guys you've mentioned, Marisnick has great tools but Starling's are better, and Myers and Arenado have proven themselves at higher levels. I'll digress here, but there are no right and wrong answers on this stuff.

Matt (Toronto): If he was still eligible for this list, where would you slot Brett Lawrie into the mix? Does he make it a clear "top 4", is he part of the next group of talent in the top 10, or is he an afterthought?

Jim Callis: He'd be No. 4 for me. I'd put him ahead of Darvish.

Perry (Las Vegas, NV): How far out of the top 100 are the Blue Jays young starters (Nicolino, Sanchez, Syndergaard, Hutchison, McGuire) below Norris?

J.J. Cooper: Not that far. I have said a couple of times recently that no organization has the potential to have a bigger 2012 as far as the farm system than the Blue Jays. If most of their young talent takes steps forward, they could have the No. 1 farm system in baseball heading into 2013. They remind me somewhat of where the Royals were heading into 2010. But now their prospects have to go out and succeed at higher levels, which is the tough part.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • noxage

"They remind me somewhat of where the Royals were heading into 2010."

!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply to this Message
Message 79521.18 was deleted
  • 2/21/12
  • sickflow

"20

Taijuan Walker

rhp, Mariners

ETA: 2014.

Legitimate comparisons to Dwight Gooden (the good, pitching part)? Sign us up.
"

I have it on good authority that Nicolino = Walker; aside from an 'incremental increase in ceiling'.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/12
  • noxage

"I have it on good authority that Nicolino = Walker;"

Nobody said that.

Inflammatory poster is inflammatory.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Mark B and Hutch are co-aces of this team now
Latest by Hazel33Mae - 11:08 PM
Around the HORN: Baseball 2014
Latest by kofi404 - 11:00 PM