• Welcome Guest
Toronto Blue Jays

Welcome to the Toronto Blue Jays.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Prince Fielder - 2012
  • To:All
  • 4/22/11
  • renegadetb
Jays need to sign this guy, don't care if it's an overpay. Have him DH... This is a career .925 OPS guy. Jays have money to blow and need a big LH bat. Thoughts?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • terminator25
When you say you don't care if it's an overpay, how much money are we talking here?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • paber25
i like the idea but doubt the jays will spend that kinda money espically for him to dh
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • renegadetb
5/100? .. he's been worth 20 WAR last 4 years....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • renegadetb
what the f else are they doing with the money?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • paber25
calm down lol i like the idea of fielder but i guess we will have to wait and see at the end of the year of what our true needs are if fielders playing 1st and linds back to dh or we can find a better option for dh sign me up
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • jaysblue

Fielders bat would be a great improvement to this lineup no doubt. There isn't that big of a need for first baseman next offseason, as the Yanks have Tex, Boston with A-Gon at 1B, Ortiz at DH; I don't see Tampa spending that kind of money. The Orioles were active this offseason, and we have seen them make big signings before. The White Sox are locked up with Konerko and Dunn. Detroit is locked with Cabrera and V-Mart. Dodgers could be suitors, though their situation is messy right now so who knows what the future holds. Cubs might be suitors as well, since Pena is only on a one year deal. Plus Pujols could become a free agent if the Cards don't resign him to an extension, so I'm sure that will have an impact.

I think Fielder would be better suited for an AL team because at least later in the contract he could DH if his defense declines.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • paber25
and it would be perfect protection for bautista............ 2nd escobar 3rd bautista cleanup fielder looks good to me lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • terminator25
I'd do that. I wonder if he could get more though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • RIJAYSFAN79

I like that idea....go for it Jays

Prince DH....Bautista nice

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/22/11
  • drnegative

Sign Reyes, sign Fielder, trade for Sizemore
1.) Reyes 2B
2.) Escobar SS
3.) Sizemore CF
4.) Bautista RF
5.) Fielder 1B
6.) Arencibia C
7.) Snider LF/DH
8.) Lawrie 3B
9.) Thames LF/DH

Playoffs!

• Reply to this Message
Message 72495.12 was deleted
  • 4/22/11
  • NorthOf49
I'd be willing to go all the way to 8/160 for Prince Fielder, he's that type of player.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 72495.14 through 72495.15 were deleted
  • 4/22/11
  • RIPEXPOS

I've a been a supporter of this idea for a while. Throw in the fact there will be an extra wildcard, I think it would be high time for the Jays to make a splash. Especially since we got Wells off the books...

SS-Escobar
1B-Fielder
RF-Bautista
DH-Lind
C-Arencibia
LF-Snider
3B-Lawrie

Fill the CF and 2B positions either with yuoungsters are via trades, but that is a heck of a lineup...

Edited 4/22/11   by  RIPEXPOS
  • Reply to this Message
Message 72495.17 was deleted
  • 4/22/11
  • NorthOf49

I understand people's concerns about his defense but it's not actually that bad. He's a career -6.4 UZR/150 player, which is adequate.

Fielder is currently only 26 so if the Jays sign him to an 8 year deal, he'll be 34 to start the last season, not yet old enough to truly experience the steep decline his body suggests he'll undergo.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 72495.19 through 72495.20 were deleted
Recent Discussions
Yan Gomes and Cleveland Apr 18
Latest by MagicPuppy - 7:33 PM
FIRE GIBBONS NOW
Latest by ddubs420247 - 7:13 PM
Navarros terrible
Latest by DougAultHits2HRS - 6:53 PM
Aaron Hill
Latest by DougAultHits2HRS - 6:16 PM
Its the same old situaaaation