• Welcome Guest
A's Fan Forum

Welcome to the A's Fan Forum.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• JOHN JASO, INSTANT UPGRADE.NICE!
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • yourdaddy1
I really like this move. Jaso immediately upgrades us offensively. This guy was an A's killer. Nice to know we will have a capable bat. Billy has done a nice job with the acquisitions so far.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • keepcoco
Really odd the day after giving inking Kottaras to a 1.1 mil deal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • rudirules

I agree. This upgrades the platoon at catcher. Jaso is a lefty, replacing Kottaras who was apparently DFA'd to make room on the 40 man roster.

It's poor timing since they just signed Kottaras and his DFA means that the depth problem hasn't been addressed, but 100+ games with Jaso makes the team better than it was.

Edit: they gave up Cole, another minor leaguer I'd never heard of, and a player to be named. I really doubt that the latter will be a major leaguer, but the trade can't be properly judged until we know who it is.

Edited 1/16/13   by  rudirules
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • BeaneBall
Well, I guess I'll have to stop <bitching about not having a real catcher.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • keepcoco
Cole was a big prospect this time last yr but got shelled in Single A. They moved him down to lower A and he did much better. Far from a guarantee but would hurt if this guy ended up being a top end starter thats for sure.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • cufc

Jaso Awesome!!!! A great trade, Billy.... Kotty signing turned into a HR...

Wonder, if that Kotty signing was a ploy in the negotiations... You little stinker, Billy... HAHAHAHA

Jaso will sit Norris down a bunch... Jaso is a good hitting catcher and an adaquate backstop... Not a great arm...

This is a guy, I was jealous the M's had picked up last year....

Doing back flips

Wow!!!... He is a super upgrade over Kotty IMO

Followed him in TB... He got shafted down there...

And he may wind up being cheaper too than Kotty

Edited 1/16/13   by  cufc
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • cufc

Still bouncing up and down in my chair... WOWY -ZOWY!!!!

GO A's

The M's did OK.... They picked back up Morse ( whom, I thought was one of the worst trade aways for the M's in a awhile Langerhans - a one year wonder - bust - may be out of MLB)

Morse who had a horrible injury was given up on - following a breakup season before his injury.. Took off for the Nats... But, he still is brittle... The M's now have added some wieght to their lineup... Ibanez, Morales and now Morses.... Montero their big Yankee pickup... Is back behind the plate and healthy again... They have a tough lineup, they can throw out there out there now... Good trade for them..

They have Justin Smoak, Casper Wells and Mike Carp to back up the lineup as well if not dealt... Still think Smoak winds up in Baltimore for a pitcher... They need pitching... But they have power

I had misread the deal, I was so excited that I thought they got Treinen (RP - MLB hanger on???) and Cole ( is well thought of by the prospect touts) at first...

Now, I see they went to the Nats... Thought Smoak had been sent... There may still be something there in Smoak...

Wonder if Kotty trys to land a job in Seattle as their backup (hope he gets a break).. Jesus Sucre the MiLB catcher as a backup may not be ready...

1 2B Dustin Ackley (Breakout???)
2 CF Franklin Gutierrez
3 3B Kyle Seager (interet year last)
4 DH Michael Morse
5 1B Kendrys Morales
6 C Jesus Montero
7 LF Raul Ibanez / Jason Bay
8 RF Michael Saunders ( big break out year in 2013 is my take on him)
9 SS Brendan Ryan

Andino from the O's is a good backup MI

That is a strong lineup with much AAA hitting available too

But, the A's did what they had to do in a vacume and came away a stronger team...

Happy man here .... XOXO Billy!!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • rushhead

LOL! I just looked up his stats! Not bad. 10 bombs, .276 average.

He will compliment Norris very well.

Billy is really impressing me this offseason.

He might not be done just yet!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • cufc

I'm still giddy about this deal.... WOW!!!! I want to have your baby, Billy!!!..

Again, I like Jaso for the A's - perfect and the price is right.... WOW!!!!!

Got to start going into birthing mode and nesting for Billy's lovechild... Shopping, painting the babies room, getting the shower lists together and such..

I'm happy - for once...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • rushhead

"IN BILLY WE TRUST" IS BACK!!

I need to dig out my old shirt!

Someone should make new ones!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • flaminpen
They got Ibanez back? EEgads! He has been an A's killer his whole career! I think he is a career .331 hitter vs. the A's, the article doesn't mention how many dingers he's hit off us, bummer, I'll have to look up that stat!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • flaminpen
Noooo...you have one too??? I loved Billy's antics, kickin' dirt at the umpires, bringing a bowl of milk to the plate...Yeah, let's dress up in them and show up at his office, lol.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • flaminpen
Cu...please put my mind to rest, tell me your a babe! Tall, long legged, honey blonde...so when Billy looks at you he sees instant delicto!...and volts shoot up his spine as you walk your walk across the room...and then tell him, it will be a baby Billy!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • rushhead

Wow! You have a shirt like that for Billy Martin?
Cool!!!

My shirt is for Billy Beane!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • flaminpen
Watch Kotty have a break-out year! I liked Kotty, I wish him success wherever he ends up. (Norris too)
Watch and learn boy! Now we'll have to be patient and let all the pieces fall together in ST. And then let's open the season up by sweeping the Mariners 4, then go get 3 from Houston...as we rumble into Anaheim 7-0, and end up back in Oakland to meet the Tigers with a 10-0 sprint from the gate!!! Will somebody please shake me to see if I'm dreaming, but you heard it here first! (smiles)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • flaminpen
Ya know...I'm dating myself, but wait, I go back farther than that with the A's, all the way to donkey riding Charlie. Me and you have way too much in common, sure were not related?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • rushhead
No doubt bud! We do java lot in common!
My first A's game was in 1974!
I was 6!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • cufc

Rush: That T shirt was first thing I bought for son after he was born...

Loved that BillyBall time with the A's

YEEPEE I"M HAP HAP HAPPY!!!!

Go A's....

Only thing we have not gotten is a new thrird baseman... I can live with that...

We had a great Winter for this team...

We can go in with higher hopes now...2 out of 3 BIG O issues have been addressed IMO.. And Young in the bargin WOW!!! Lost nobody off the staff too Even got our team druggie back too... (McCarthy was a gonner to me all along)

Cesar Ituris was sign on a MiLB contract the other day with the Red... Thought we could have used him in AAA

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • flaminpen
Was that Y O U ? LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Troutastic27

Very good trade by the A's I hate to admit

Jaso is a strong catcher who can hit.

Now the A's look even tougher and fixed their only true weakness.

Edited 1/16/13   by  Troutastic27
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Reddick & Sutcliffe
Latest by goAs2014 - 10:47 PM
Reddick..how much longer?
Latest by svt039 - 10:00 PM
This really chaps my Glutes!
Latest by catfish71 - 8:18 PM
A's Seek 10 Year Lease In Oakland
Latest by catfish71 - 8:13 PM
Road Trip to date, 5-1 833 Winning %
Latest by catfish71 - 8:09 PM
Daric Barton batting .085 starting at first!
Latest by tenace18 - 4:26 PM
Happy, but......
Latest by catfish71 - 1:37 PM
Straily classic 5th starter
Latest by catfish71 - 1:11 PM
Heck yeah!
Latest by drumitar - 12:25 PM
Wolff & Moreno
Latest by phxmuni - 2:09 AM