Welcome to the A's Fan Forum.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The Forty Whiners Are Going To Win The Superbowl. KAP = STUD
  • To:All
  • 1/13/13
  • rushhead

I can't believe this reality.
First the Giants and now the Niners.
Kaepernick is so good. He is an absolute BEAST! He was a pitcher too.
Could throw 93 miles an hour. Now he zips the ball with his arm and can rush for 181 yards against the Fudge Packers.

Rodgers and Brady are yesterday's news.

I hate the Niners, but it's a give that they are going to win the Superbowl.

What do you guys think?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • flaminpen
I think; if a chicken had lips...it would learn how to whistle? Well truthfully, sadly, the 49ers should be packing for Atlanta who is running THROUGH Seattle's no.1 run defense 19-0 and there is 5min. yet remaining in the 1st half.
I would be watching the Atlanta running schemes, how quick Ryans' throws are, crowd noise,and it will be louder next week. Focus on Atlantas offensive line's schemes, and work on 'standing-pat' so Ryan can't get a read...this could get a lot of "delay of game" calls against Atlanta. Also, the defense will have to be there, NO JET LAG ALLOWED should be a sign in their hotel rooms, at the breakfast tables and in the locker room. The 49ers are a 'good' road team, and I think they will be under-dogs which will only make them play that much harder! Go Niners! Super Bowl bound! It serves the fans right to NOT
have another home win here, boo-hoo, maybe you can watch it on the tube...how about LEARNING how to make noise from the Atlanta crowd!
You're right about the future and up-and-coming QB's as well as the rookies playing today! The 40ers had qb running plays for Kaepernick. I see the Seahawks aren't running the spread formation plays too often, either way, the 49ers do that much better, to create space for Kap to run if he chooses to. As for Rodgers and Brady, what ever happens with them is seldom their fault...as far as playing...I wouldn't count them out. All the teams playing or have played in play-offs WILL BE BACK next year and teams WILL get better. It will be interesting!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • flaminpen
I can't believe that the Seahawks aren't bringing more pressure to bear on Ryan! He is walking around like a rooster...I hope he gets REAL cocky! Next week hopefully they are all cocky...the harder the realization of losing will be!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • rushhead

Good one! Rooster, cocky!

The Falcan'ts CAN!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • rushhead

What a crazy game!

The Niners will be the underdog for sure!
Here is a stat I learned today. The Niners are 1-9 in the playoffs on the road!!

Dang Warriors sh*t the bed in the fourth quarter. UGLY!!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • flaminpen
What are they now 23-13? Those stats on the niners are correct...but this year it will be different...and what are they in SuperBowl games? 6-0?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • rushhead

OMG! Are you an oracle? You accidentally predicted the future!
The Niners have 5 Rings. Hence they will win the Superbowl on Feb 3 and win their sixth Ring.

HOLY TOLEDO!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • fmrbosnian
The Forty Niners have built a franchise legacy that Oakland will never surpass. Al Davis lost his ability to steer the team years ago - kind of like Reagan in office - holding a position of importance while the brain has slipped away.
Number seven is a stud and for all those who think that the 'Niners play off the run ought to wake TFU.
Kap is a multi-dimensional threat of the first order. With another WR - Moss is worthless - and Hunter back, they could routinely rack up 400+ yards a game. The transition from too conservative to absolutely explosive suggests to me that you will be an unhappy Raiders fan for years - decades more. Bummer, eh? <:(-
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • tenace18

Actually, the 49ers legacy was built by a convicted felon by the name of Eddie De Bartolo who lost his ability to steer the team when his involvement in a high-profile federal corruption case led to the NFL forcing him to sell the team, and suspending him for life. And Carmen Policy whose numerous aggregious circumventions of NFL salary cap rules during the 49ers "Super Bowl Era" cost him his job and resulted in numerous sanctions against the team including loss of draft picks and extensive fines. As a Raiders fan, that is one legacy I would never want my team to surpass.

Edited 1/14/13   by  tenace18
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • rushhead

I am a diehard Raider fan as well and even I know for a fact that the current Niner team will simply blowout the Falcons and then destroy either the Pats or the Ravens.
The corrupt legacy built in the Eighties is in the past. It is what it is.
Kaepernick is going to win MANY Rings for the San Francisco Forty Niners. I actually love the guy. He is fun to watch!
Am I jealous? Envious? Mad? Well sort of because I know that the Raiders will never win a Superbowl again.
Raider fans might think that I'm a negative fake fan but it doesn't matter to me. I'm a Raider Realist.
There is no hope for the Silver And Black. Especially with "Dumb And Dumber" Mark Davis running the team.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • catfish71
Thanks. For all the nonsense about the Raiders' "thuggish" image, they couldn't hold a candle to the cheaters in SF. When Al found out the 49ers were only going to be fined 500K for their widespread cheating on cap issues (which were actively done at Eddie's urging), he reacted like most Raiders fans would when he asked: "Can you imagine the penalty if the Raiders had done this?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • flaminpen
Thank you for pointing out my mistake...I guess it's a premonition of what's coming! So I hope! I see a Harbaugh-Bowl happening! Ravens and 49ers!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • rushhead
You got it! I hope you are right!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • tenace18

How many times over the years have we had to endure 49ers fans, former players, and the media refer to Eddie DeBartolo as a "class act"? When in reality Eddie DeBartolo was nothing more than a spoiled brat who inherited his billions AND his football team from his uber-rich daddy. And like most spoiled brats who never had to actually EARN anything in life, he always made sure to get whatever he wanted - no matter how many rules or laws he had to break in the process. As far as I'm concerned Eddie De Bartolo is nothing more than a low-rent racketeer in a $10,000.00 suit. He's a complete fraud.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • BeaneBall

So Bill Walsh was a mediocre coach aided and abetted by crooked ownership and management?

Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Ronnie Lott, etc. were, therefore, also frauds?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • tenace18

Neither Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, or Ronnie Lott were "mediocre" or "frauds" per se. BUT they were absolutely, positively "aided and abetted by crooked ownership and management". And this certainly calls into question the legitimacy of their 5 Super Bowl Titles.

But for the record, Bill Walsh had no problem taking ALL the credit for the "West Coach Offense" which was actually originated by Sid Gillman in the 1960's. So perhaps to a degree, Walsh actually was a fraud of sorts. :-)

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • BeaneBall

The NFL salary cap began with the '94 season. SF had 4 Super Bowl trophies at that point.

Don't get me wrong. I wholeheartedly agree that Eddie D was and is a <scumbag. However, he DID spend the money required to produce a winner prior to the cap. An attribute that many on this board wish Mr. Wolff had :-)

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • rushhead
Well stated!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • glusv

"Eddie DeBartolo was nothing more than a spoiled brat who inherited his billions AND his football team from his uber-rich daddy. And like most spoiled brats who never had to actually EARN anything in life, he always made sure to get whatever he wanted"

John Fisher?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • tenace18

Touche' my friend! A glass of 12 year old Macallan for you sir.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Tough loss, but great trip
Latest by gnandgld - 11:45 AM
C'mon mannn
Latest by repko23 - 9:10 AM
Callaspo at 1st
Latest by gnandgld - 6:53 AM
A's Seek 10 Year Lease In Oakland
Latest by phxmuni - 2:06 AM
Reddick & Sutcliffe
Latest by goAs2014 - Apr-16
Reddick..how much longer?
Latest by svt039 - Apr-16
This really chaps my Glutes!
Latest by catfish71 - Apr-16
Road Trip to date, 5-1 833 Winning %
Daric Barton batting .085 starting at first!
Latest by tenace18 - Apr-16
Happy, but......