• Welcome Guest
A's Fan Forum

Welcome to the A's Fan Forum.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Save the Field of Dreams
  • To:All
  • 1/9/13
  • norcalcubfan

Yes, I’m a Cubs fan, but more importantly, I’m a baseball fan. Like many of you, I am a huge fan of the movie “Field of Dreams.” As many of you may have read, the Field was recently purchased by an investment group that plans on building a baseball megaplex at the site. While the baseball field itself will be preserved, much of the surrounding farmland that provided a picturesque backdrop to the field will go the way of the bulldozer.

The mainstream media has done a good job of presenting information regarding the sale going through, but no media outlet has provided the “other side” of the sale. The “Save the Field of Dreams” page on Facebook tells the rest of the story – of the area farmers who don’t want the expected traffic hampering their day-to-day activities; the Field of Dreams enthusiasts who know the quiet and serenity surrounding the Field is a vital part of its charm; and pending legal action concerning zoning issues.

If you would indulge me for a minute, please visit the Save the Dreams page and “Like” it if that is your choice. The more interest the page generates, the better chance the whole story will be told by the media.

Thank you.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Congrats
Latest by glusv - 8:31 PM
A's Seek 10 Year Lease In Oakland
Latest by cufc2 - 8:13 PM
Fuld has been DFA
Latest by condemned - 5:08 PM
Doolittle extension
Latest by condemned - 5:05 PM
Where Do The A's Finish In The West
Latest by BeaneBall - 4:52 PM
Can't We Remodel the Coliseum?
Latest by BeaneBall - 3:48 PM
Callaspo at 1st
Latest by rw01 - 1:38 PM
Reddick WALKOFF!
Latest by A'sfan125 - 10:55 AM
Reddick Not In The Line-Up Again Today...
Latest by BeaneBall - Apr-19
Tough loss, but great trip
Latest by dnrapp - Apr-19