• Welcome Guest
A's Fan Forum

Welcome to the A's Fan Forum.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Will Cespedes Become A 30/30 Man This Season?
  • To:All
  • 1/9/13
  • rushhead

I think if Yoenis stays healthy he will have a shot!

Do you?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • BeaneBall
I think he has that and more within his abilities. The guy is a beast!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • rushhead

I agree!!! I love him!

He truly could be the next Canseco!

40/40 could be within his beast mode sights!

He rules!

My all time favorite players are

Rickey
Canseco
McGwire
Cespedes
Griffey Jr.

Edited 1/9/13   by  rushhead
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • BeaneBall

I'm old. My favorites all-time are:

Stan Musial
Ted Williams
Willie Mays

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • rushhead

That is still a fantastic list my friend!

Ted truly was the greatest hitter of all time!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • LongBeach_Jake

The guy is a beast.

Right now the AL West has the best 5 tool baseball players in the game right now. Best talent out of any division IMO

Mike Trout
Cespedes
Coming up for Texas that Profar kid. I hate to say it but he will be a beast.

Plus the pitching. Anderson, Darvish, Felix and Weaver

Not even mentioning Two future HALL OF Famers Pujols and Beltre

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • rushhead

I must admit that I love Trout too even though he wears the red and white!

He Rules!

I also love Bryce Harper! JMO

It's amazing to see MLB suddenly get rebooted with beasts within the 2012 season!

Same with the NFL and their QB beast surge!

Newton 2011
But now

Kaepernick
Wilson
RG3 I hate Mike Shannahan!
Andrew Luck! Stud!

Edited 1/9/13   by  rushhead
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • flaminpen
I hate Pete Carrol , he's like a boy cheer-leader, I liked Gruden as a coach, I like both Harbaughs. The Ravens looked good in their game against the Colts. I don't think they can beat Payton...he is hot right now! Wilson is just too much! Can't catch him unless he runs AT you. Kaepernick still needs to win with his feet, Wilson can do both throw and run. I know Seattle will beat the Falcons, I don't think that team is meant to win in the play-offs and Seattle's defense is riding a peak too! They flat stomped my 49ers that's supposed to be the top defensive team, well, not anymore, with the way the Ravens are playing and Seattle too...it will be a toss up, but in the end I think defense will be the winners in the play-offs. I look for the niners to beat Green Bay though...I hate them cheese-heads! I don't think Houston can beat the Patriots. IF the niners beat the seahawks then I pick the niners to win the super bowl over who ever is left. Probably the Patriots. Or maybe Denver, and the only game they lost was to the Patriots. The Ravens and Falcons are a long shot right now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • cufc

Personally I hope, he is not run that much.... His sliding is an accident waiting to happen..

His value to the club is being in the lineup banging the ball and playing in the field EVERYDAY.. Not on the DL... This is not fantasy BB...

He does more for the club just being in the lineup all year than swiping any number of bags..

Swipes are a long ways down the list of his potenial contributions to this club... He is the MAN in green and gold

I believe, the HR total is the key here... Will he become a big HR???? He seems to drive the ball a lot now - a good thing... Would hate to see him wind up with a bad case of fence fever for the sake of a few more HRs... Only to watch his contact rate BIP, OBP, RBIs and Runs Produced drop because of it..

I do like his speed on the bases - it is a good thing, don't get me wrong...

Good base running is not all about steals and outright speed though... The Big Mac was one of the best baserunners I ever saw in Oakland... YEAH, THAT BIG MAC!!! He was very good at getting to where he was supposed to get too... He got that 2nd base or even that 3rd base when called for.... He was excellent at breaking up throws - that bulk was put to good use.... Very seldom did he get rung up at the wrong time for the wrong reason too... He used his head and his abilities better than most...

If Cespedes can do this, I'll be happy with his baserunning...

Nothing wrong with a steal now and then... But, IMO it is a bad steady diet for our Oakland A's Cespedes... Now on my fantasy team... SEND HIM, Melvin .. What are you waiting for!!!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • Asfanlouky

You remember when you had Weeks on your list Rush? I do. Lol

A'S FOREVER

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • rushhead
Hahahahaha! Yes I confess! He was on my list! I love the kid it's just too bad he had that horrific sophomore slump!
Perhaps Weeks will shock the world and be a "Star" this season!! Put him back at second base!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • LongBeach_Jake

The best QB IMO is a couple of years away in Johnny Manziel.

He will blow them away. Just imagine if the Raiders get lucky and grab him.

I think, though, Pryor will turn the Raiders around in the next couple of years.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • rushhead

I totally agree! Johnny Football will be an Oakland Raider in a couple of years!!

Until then we will get Mr. Red Zone INT Palmer next year. Pryor will advance to the number 2 position.
Then in 2014 Pryor will start. 2015 the Raiders will draft number one and get Johnny. That is unless he stays for his senior year.
When he finds out that the Raiders have the number one pick when he is a junior he will probably stay in college. LOL!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • dnrapp
Since he is a red shirt Freshman, he can come out after next year. his 3rd year after high school.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • rushhead

Thanks dude! I didn't know that he was a red shirt Freshman!

Cheers!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • TiggerBounce
30 dingers, definitely. 30 SB would depend on opportunity. He'll be on-base a lot, but you don't always send the runner to steal, depending on who the next batter is. 30 SB is a maybe, 30 HR is a lock.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • flaminpen
Has anyone watched the Niners and Packers? They are relentless running the ball...Kaepernick and Crabtree are really on target. What has really bothered me is the smug fans,,,they have very little vocal input...despite the $800 to $1700 they could afford to pay for tickets!
I watched Denver lose, but the fans were SO LOUD I could barely hear the announcers. Niner fans need to be more enthusiastic. Right now Kaepernick's feet has been astounding over 90 yards and there is still 1:15 left in the half!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • flaminpen
Boy! I hope you are right,,,my main concern is that he plays with 'reckless' abandon...someone posted that "his sliding into second is an injury waiting to happen"; I agree with that post and flip-side is that if he stays healthy he has a chance. I don't know how the opposing pitchers will figure out his weakness.
Last year it was the sliders and the change-ups, he struck out on most of those...now it's his turn to be able to recognize those pitches and adjust to them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • rushhead

This game is eating my stomach lining.
I can't believe the Niners. Kapernick is an absolute BEAST.
If the Niners win tonight they will win the Superbowl.

First the Giants win a Ring and now the Niners will win one.

I want to die.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • rushhead

Excellent post! I hope you are right.

I can't believe the Niners.

Killing me!

Edited 1/12/13   by  rushhead
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Bullpen woes
Latest by rickyrocks - 6:54 AM