• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • glusv
Ask Selig, he controls the burn.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/25/13
  • phxmuni

Wow! A new library completed in 2010 is going to open tomorrow.

Things are looking up "down there"...

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_22435886/san-jose-open-first-four-new-libraries-mothballed

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • phxmuni

Now San José has 18 library branches and Oakland has 18 library branches.

Even Steven!

Except they have twice the population.

I bet they don't have a Tool Lending Library. I didn't include that in the total because it is in the basement of the Temescal branch.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • flaminpen
You couldn't ask Selig the time...and expect him to tell it like it was. There would be several minutes worth of mumbo-jumbo first and the original question would be lost by his refrain!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • phxmuni

Always worth a chuckle...

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/apr/01/sports/sp-wolff1

The fact that it was printed on April 1st should be duly noted.

>>By the end of this season, Wolff said, he hopes to secure agreement on the site and a financing plan for a new ballpark in Oakland.

"We're not buying the team to move it," Wolff said.<<

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/27/13
  • glusv
I'm not a fan of Selig, but the fans who are against moving to San Jose should be behind him, he is standing in Fishers way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/13
  • AugustaGJ
Any updates?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/13
  • AugustaGJ
I think anybody who is from the Bay Area, as well as a fan of Baseball would like to see the final decision. Although I now am strictly a Giants fan, when I was a boy I followed both the A's and the Giants. So I have no ill will against the A's. I wish them success, but honestly I wish it was not in San Jose.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/13
  • swingn_ehs
At the end of the day I think a's and giants fans can agree that we've got bigger fish to fry , I can definately see the positives of a move to SJ(increased revenues/attendance/lower crime rate/more economic/larger market) but let's face it ; the history is all here in oakland and that matters more to me than a picture perfect movie-set stadium. If it happens we'll probably get used to it but as much as O.co is scorned by the baseball community I feel like leaving it behind is like leaving your first car , it may be a piece but it has these memories connected to it and not to sound corny but those are priceless.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/13
  • glusv
A decision is long overdue, whichever way it goes.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/13
  • glusv
Fair post, from your heart.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/5/13
  • amper
This is how I feel as well. Too many good memories. I grew up going to the O Collesium. All the memories are priceless and I feel great when I take my children there these days. The A's identity just fits with Oakland. If they get a nicer stadium, great, but if not. The game of baseball is not about how nice a stadium is.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/6/13
  • swingn_ehs
yep , we gotta play with the cards we're dealt. We have a good team this year and that's enough for me to be excited about as a fan , maybe we can send off O.co with one more trip to the fall classic! that might be wishful thinking but after last season we can't forget one of the ten commandments of sports: anything can happen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/6/13
  • dnrapp
On ESPN yesterday Buster Olney had a post about the SJ councilman and the SJ move but it is an Insider post and I don't want to give ESPN any more money. Does anyone have an insider account know what he said and if it is anything new?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/7/13
  • catfish71
dnrapp---I suspect it was about the SJ councilmember who wants the city of San Jose to sue MLB. Wolff almost immediately issued a statement supporting the Commissioner's office and the remainder of SJ's political leadership did not back the Council member. As usual, no real news.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/7/13
  • phxmuni

Lower crime rate?

Do you have some stats for us?

Are you talking about A's baseball related crime?

What are you talking about?

More murders at the Giants games, truthfully. Smashed windows on cars are more prevalent at Giants than A's too, comparing sanctioned, onsite parking lots, that is.

The A's are as safe an outing as you can find for your family in the Bay Area.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Can't We Remodel the Coliseum?
Latest by phxmuni - 1:36 AM
Bob Melvin, Jim Johnson
Latest by eastbayer - 1:14 AM
Congrats
Latest by A'sfan125 - Apr-20
A's Seek 10 Year Lease In Oakland
Latest by cufc2 - Apr-20
Fuld has been DFA
Latest by condemned - Apr-20
Doolittle extension
Latest by condemned - Apr-20
Where Do The A's Finish In The West
Latest by BeaneBall - Apr-20
Callaspo at 1st
Latest by rw01 - Apr-20
Reddick WALKOFF!
Latest by A'sfan125 - Apr-20
Reddick Not In The Line-Up Again Today...
Latest by BeaneBall - Apr-19