A's Fan Forum

Welcome to the A's Fan Forum.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Angels versus Athletics
  • To:All
  • 1/6/13
  • ARCANGEL_ICE

hello A's fans,

As a diehard Angels' fan I have always had a healthy respect for the Oakland Athletics, I respectfully hate them with a passion. I'm glad to see that they won the division instead of the Rangers. The rivalry between the Angels and the Rangers is simply not the same. I need to hate Oakland Green. I look forward to the battles between the teams this upcoming baseball season, and I hope that we regain the rich tradition of our mutual respectful hatred towards each other. May the A's do well, but not as well as the Angels. I do have one question however, does anyone on this board also write a blog on MLB blogs? I like to read up on the A's from a fans perspective, but I can't seem to find anybody that writes exclusively about the A's. Can someone point me in the right direction if in fact somebody keeps a blog? Thank you.

Respectfully,
ICE

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • cufc
Great off season... Money cures a lot of ills... You are the favorites again... Just don't screw the pooch 2 years running
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • LongBeach_Jake
It seems like there is more hatred directed at the Angels from Texas fans then there is from Angel fans directed at Texas. Our true rival will always be Oakland no matter what.

Edited 1/7/13   by  LongBeach_Jake
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
  • LongBeach_Jake

I am in favor of the Hamilton signing because I think it makes Pujols the most dangerous hitter in baseball plus it takes some of the pressure off of Trumbo

If Hamilton and Trumbo become hot at the same time watch out but I think the offense can struggle if they go into one of their slumps together.

I really want to see Bourjos in the 2 hole this year and not Aybar. Bourjos needs the protection of Trout and Pujols.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
  • Johnny_Dollar
I expect Bourjos to be hitting 9th, but let's wait and see. At least until he proves he can get on base consistently.

Edited 1/7/13   by  Johnny_Dollar
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
  • LongBeach_Jake

I am sure Aybar will be batting second. When Torii dropped down to hit fourth in a few games at the end of the season Aybar was a beast in the 2 hole.
Bourjos in the 9 spot works also because he will have the protection of Trout. Iannetta was a much better hitter when he returned hitting ninth in front of Trout

Trout
Aybar
Pujols
Hamilton
Trumbo
Callaspo
Kendrick
Iannetta
Bourjos

That lineup is will put up 5 a game easy

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/9/13
  • Asfanlouky

This is an A's site & frankly....we don't care about your Angels or your possible lineup. Please understand this & get off our board. Thanks

A'S FOREVER

• Reply to this Message
Message 62051.8 was deleted
  • 1/11/13
  • tenace18
Jealous of what? The Angels stellar 3rd place finish in the AL West last year? Or perhaps your grand total of ONE WS Championship in your entire history? Or all the money you're paying that useless fool Vernon Wells? Or maybe the $100 Million you're going to still owe Pujols after he ceases to be a productive hitter? Trust me, A's fans have absolutely no reason to be jealous of the Angels or their obnoxious fans. When all is said and done, Arte's money can buy all the players he covets and maybe even a championship some day (though I highly doubt that), but it will never buy the Angels and their fans the one thing they have always been missing - CLASS! Now beat it blowhard.

Edited 1/11/13   by  tenace18
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • Asfanlouky

They will also never have the tradition or titles that our beloved Athletics have. Yeah....we jealous. Lol

A'S FOREVER

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • flaminpen
Where in the world do you see A N Y jealousy? Although many of us admire and respect you HALOS and even the staff...you should never think we are jealous. We are excited over the A's! Could it be you're jealous because the A's took the Division and not the Halos?
Don't ALL you Halo fans have a board you can brag on? Yea? Well go brag there, no one here cares about your opinions!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • flaminpen
How great a fan are these defects posting on our board? None of their avatars have ANY fan information, how long they have been fans, their favorite players they are so proud of, they don't even list their city of residence, I think they are proud-less, not proud, all the baseless bragging is like an ill wind. What's the matter? Your Fan Forum won't tolerate any of you?
One thing for sure...you aren't A's fans, and this is an A's Fan Forum...an A's Message Board and we just do not care what you think, and your opinion means nothing!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • flaminpen
Try Jane Lee's Blogs on MLB.com, she blogs about the A's on a regular basis. And you're right we have a mutual but respectful hatred toward each other. However, I don't know how boastful you all will be if A L L that P O W E R fails...again! GO A's! may "REAL ANGELS" sit on OUR SHOULDERS!
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/11/13
  • flaminpen
All you wanna-be Halo fans should look up to ArcAngel_Ice now there is a REAL Halo fan who actually tells it like it is, yet with respect! And we don't have to hear from him 30 times a week.

Edited 1/11/13   by  flaminpen
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • rushhead

Lamegel fans are coming out of the woodwork simply because they think they are going to dominate the A's and win the West this season.

The Lamegel fans will choke again and FAIL.

I absolutely hate the Angels with a passion and now my hatred is going to the next level thanks to the bombardment of foolish Lamegel fans.

Their wilted, wretched wings will catch fire and they will fall to the earth and burn forevermore.

Angels su ck! Keep throwing more money into the fraudulent flame.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • ARCANGEL_ICE
Thank you for your kind words, I'm actually looking for a fan-based blogging it appears that Jane Lee's blog is considered a pro blog. She's an excellent writer, but there is something about the writings of the everyday baseball fan, that makes the perspective that much better. I mean no disrespect, the reason I write on this board is not to disrespect the fans of the green and gold. My intent is to start a dialogue between baseball fans that may support different teams, but respect our division. Long live the American League West! The American League East gets so much press, and we don't get enough.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • flaminpen
Hi again, another suggestion is for you to go to the A's main site, click on Fans and then on the A's Blog -Fest for Sunday, January 27th. They ask for you to register on a form. Bloggers from everywhere are welcome to register, and an opportunity to speak with our manager Bob Melvin. Notifications will be pending an the honoree will be notified a week thereafter. My reason is that those registering will be fans only, no pro bloggers are accepted. Here you might have fan bloggers from all over the country and be able to hook up with a few of them from other Major League franchises. It's worth a try. Good luck!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • ARCANGEL_ICE
Thanks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • flaminpen
YOU are welcome!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • rudirules

The only one on MLBblogs that I know covers the A's is this one:

http://athleticsfarm.com/

His focus is the team's minor league system, but he does touch on the major league team sometimes.

The other site I spend time on is this:

http://www.athleticsnation.com/

They have a handful of "front page writers," but the comments can be lively if you don't mind wading though hundreds of them. They also have fan posts.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Best Bullpen in MLB is a joke!
Latest by theeck43 - 8:17 PM
BB mistakes this off season
Latest by tico fan - 7:34 PM
Embarrassing
Latest by bmartin58i - 7:06 PM
Choice.
Latest by phxmuni - 6:16 PM
A's have no game today
Latest by repko23 - 5:57 PM