• Welcome Guest
A's Fan Forum

Welcome to the A's Fan Forum.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Cespedes - Looks Good!
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • glusv
Cespedes is entering 2013 with a full MLB season under his belt, a tier one player destined to improve having experienced ML pitching for one full season. Who can forget the beginning of last season when he was having trouble with the outside curve/slider? Well, he adjusted, and look-out 2013, the A's should be very dangerous in his spot, and really all Reddick has to do is repeat his power performance, with an improvement in his average. Now with Nakijiima things are looking up for Oakland. We have very good pitching, one of the very best parks for pitching if not the best in the major leagues, shortstop position dramatically improved, and a young, improving feared hitter. Melvin is tough as h*ll, a great plus, so let's play the season, whoever wants to beat us has to beat very good pitching and an improved lineup.

Edited 12/18/12   by  glusv
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • BeaneBall

Agreed. Also, all those rookie starters aren't rookies anymore. You'd tend to think they will improve, given a year of MLB experience under their belts.

The only hole I can see is catcher, but you may recall we had several holes last season (catcher, third, second, shortstop) and won the division. I guess we may be in pretty decent shape as is.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • glusv
Weeks seems to have a questionable attitude although I don't know that for sure. As I understand it he was sent down because of poor performance and refusal to adjust his plate approach. I know when he was demoted he said "I am the man." That seems strange to say but does it reflect arrogance or stubbornness? Pennington given time at second during the playoffs can't be a vote of confidence. Not sure about 2nd base.

Edited 12/19/12   by  glusv
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • BeaneBall

"That seems strange to say but does it reflect arrogance or stubbornness?"

Or confidence? I have no idea why he tanked last season but the guy has obvious talent. Someone needs to get his batting stroke back to where it was in 2011. He looked terrific then.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Congrats
Latest by glusv - 8:31 PM
A's Seek 10 Year Lease In Oakland
Latest by cufc2 - 8:13 PM
Fuld has been DFA
Latest by condemned - 5:08 PM
Doolittle extension
Latest by condemned - 5:05 PM
Where Do The A's Finish In The West
Latest by BeaneBall - 4:52 PM
Can't We Remodel the Coliseum?
Latest by BeaneBall - 3:48 PM
Callaspo at 1st
Latest by rw01 - 1:38 PM
Reddick WALKOFF!
Latest by A'sfan125 - 10:55 AM
Reddick Not In The Line-Up Again Today...
Latest by BeaneBall - Apr-19
Tough loss, but great trip
Latest by dnrapp - Apr-19