• Welcome Guest
A's Fan Forum

Welcome to the A's Fan Forum.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Drew To Red Sox
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • cufc

Bye bye... 9.5 million one year is being quoted...

Hope, Nakajima can be signed..

I cringe every time I read about Peralta on here as a ShortStop for the A's... I would give VERY little for him...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • cufc
Why not give Green a run out there????
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • tenace18

Well, since Drew was signed by the Red Sox and not the Tigers, I would imagine that it is highly unlikely that Detroit will trade Peralta at this point. Which leaves the A's once again out in the cold. For better or worse, the untested and unproven Nakajima is quickly becoming the A's only alternative to the ridiculous Rosales/Sogard/Parrino mess at SS. Not in a million years did I think I would actually be missing Cliff Pennington!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • GreenElephant
Our only option is the Japanese kid. Does Green play SS at all?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • cufc

I realized the Peralta trade was tied to the Tiggers picking up Drew... But that did not stop me from cringing from the the talk...

On Green - Believe that was his position is college... He couldn't be much worse than - the Before photo in a Jenny Craig Ad - that Peralta is...

Nakajima, has many ?????s .... The biggest one being are the A's willing to spend multi millions on a risky venture... Personally, I like Nakajima as much as I do Drew ( mostly because of his brother's injury history clouds my judgement of him and his higher price of course)... Hope, we can land Nakajima.. Wanted Drew too even with the concern above...

If we don't land him.... What about Jason Bartlett 33 YO.... A 209er from Stockton.... He will not be getting much more than 1 mil after last year.... I could live with him... He might have a decent year or 2 left in him... He was injured last year.... Maybe, he is better.... If he could have another 2009 season or 2, we'ld be singing in the rain....

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • macksman
I don't know too much about Bartlett. How good is his glove? I really think that we need a good fielder. At 1mil he would be a bargain if he can field the position. What kind of bat does he have to offer?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • cufc

Mack: He has had bounce around career... A lower tier option... With a modest bat and good wheels (once = knee prob again last year... At an age where blazing speed may be leaving anyways)

He has been a MLB ShortStop.... We would be hoping for a good bounce year out of him... His defence is fine when healthy... He was once top flight... Think the knees problems cut into it....

Are his knees OK is the question.... His bat is adequate enough for a tail end hitter

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • cufc

The more I think about Bartlett - if healthy... I like him on a 1 million incentive filled contract to 2 mil ABs and Innings / 2 mil mutual option 2nd Year....

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • BeaneBall
I think I'd prefer a cardboard cutout of Walt Weiss at shortstop rather than another year of Pennington. However, I consider him a superstar in comparison to BB's lovechild Barton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • rushhead

You got your wish!

I would rather have Nakajima than Peralta anyday and I was about ready to accept Jhonny in the green and gold.

Billy Beane is BACK!

IN BEANE WE TRUST!!!! I LOVE HIM!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • rushhead

I am so happy that Jump Off A Cliff Pennington is gone! What a steal! Young is a STUD!
I will never understand Billy's love for "Fart On" I mean Barton. He stinks!
I was at the game when Walt blew out his bloody foot. It was awful.
Then again I was sitting second row over the A's bullpen when McCarthy got drilled in the head.
Unreal.

Anyway the A's are grooving and moving and making some excellent headway.

They will be incredible next season.

Not sure about the catcher position but it is what it is. I hope Billy makes one more move for a starting pitcher.

What do you think?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • BeaneBall

Even with McCarthy gone I think we have plenty of starting pitchers including a couple in reserve:

Anderson
Parker
Milone
Colon
Griffin

Blackely and Straily waiting in the wings.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • rushhead

I love it!

I can't wait for the season to start!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • macksman
I think you are right, barring any injuries. I think the A's will keep Blackley as a long reliever, especially for Griffin who seems to have trouble in the 5th and 6th innings. I believe the A's want Strailey as a starter, not a reliever. After that I think the A's will have Neshek, Norberto, Blevins, Doolittle, Cook, and Balfour in the pen. I would prefer Scribner in the pen over Neshek, but I think the season will begin with Neshek.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • BeaneBall
Agreed. I think either Straily or Griffin will start the season in Sac and Blackley will be long relief.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Can't We Remodel the Coliseum?
Latest by BeaneBall - 3:04 PM
Tough loss, but great trip
Latest by dnrapp - 10:14 AM
Reddick Not In The Line-Up Again Today...
Latest by rw01 - 2:07 AM
A's Seek 10 Year Lease In Oakland
Latest by esyiam - Apr-18
Great Starting Pitching - Bullpen Weak
Latest by bayfever - Apr-17
Reddick..how much longer?
Latest by BeaneBall - Apr-17
Callaspo at 1st
Latest by BeaneBall - Apr-17
C'mon mannn
Latest by repko23 - Apr-17
Reddick & Sutcliffe