• Welcome Guest
Houston Astros

Welcome to the Houston Astros.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• To:All
  • 7/3/08
  • sturand
With the sending down of Kershaw (Rookie LA Dodger) to their AA JAcksonville team yesterday, why isnt the Astros looking into this kid. He has electric stuff and has a better ERA this year than almost all of the starters save Moeller and Wandy. Ed, its time to start making some moves that are smart for the organization. I hate to mention Chacon and Villareal, but those ended up in the trash can. Kershaw can help us now and seems to be a bonifed Penom. Again, he showed us Electric stuff the other night. Give them what they need (Dodgers) ans WE NEED PITCHING SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM!!!!!!!!! THis kid looks to be be both for us.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • Joboo
That's a great idea. Problem is that Kershaw is one of the, if not the, top prospect in baseball. The Dodgers won't trade him, period. Even if they did they would not want anyone from us.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • terrax76

You have to give up something to get something. And the Astros have nothing to give that the Dodgers would give a sh!t about.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • whoutx17
are you suggesting we trade for kershaw? the dodgers number one prospect? as if they'd be willing to trade him for anything we're able to offer?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • sturand
We have prospects too! We need pitching, they need something. Maybe the new draft choice catcher from Stanford. Excellent Pitching goes a lot forther than catching.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • terrax76

Maybe we could work out a 3 way trade with the Dodgers & Giants:

Lincecum, Martin, Kemp, & Kershaw to us. Villarreal, Blum, & Ausmus to the Dodgers, and Lee & Backe to the Giants.

We get all the young studs and they get all our aging guys. It's a win win!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Edited 7/3/08   by  terrax76
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • sturand
BTW, Im taking my lunch break at the office! Yes I am suggesting that. We have a long list of prospects that can match up with Kershaw, none however are Pitchers of his class. Dodgers need help in hitting and infield. They are long in pitching support. There is no excuse for at least looking into it. They obviously think he isnt ready now or soon if he goes to AA instead of AAA. We are sadly lacking in pitching for a run at a Title. This is unusual for an Astros team that used to succeed or fail on its ARMS. We need to look into it and make some brave decisions on how to get a Kershaw or other strong pitchers, if we are to climb out of the basement we seem to have dipped to. He may not be the answer to our future, but certainly if the Astros are to compete, we need better arms. We have Mucho Fuerte bats. Keep them and fill in our weaknesses.
Randy
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • sturand
BTW you forgot to put Chacon in that package for the Dodgers. Such a comedian!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • terrax76

Well Chacon's not on the team anymore. We gotta keep the trade ideas realistic after all.

• Reply to this Message
Message 75642.10 was deleted
  • 7/3/08
  • sturand
He is still on the clubs ownership and can be traded.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • terrax76

He cleared waivers and was released on Monday, son.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • globetrekker

It's funny but someone on our message board jokingly suggested that we should acquire Chacon so that he can ring Ned Colletti's neck. LOL

BTW, Kershaw isn't going anywhere. He wasn't demoted to Double-A because we didn't want him or lost faith in him. He was demoted to make room for Kuroda and we're hoping he's going to develop his changeup while he's down there.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • sturand
Thanks Dad. What a Smart a--!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • queenbeegrannyjean

Joe Torre said on Wednesday that Kershaw is the future of the Dodgers. He also said the only reason he was getting sent down was to make way for their two pitchers coming off the DL. Torre said he didn't want Kershaw wasting away in the bullpen when he could be pitching every 5 or 6 days in AA. There is very little the Dodgers would be willing to trade Kershaw for. He is their future.

We will be lucky to get anything worthwhile this season. Most of what is out there is not worth squat.

• Reply to this Message
  • 7/3/08
  • sturand
My goodness GrannyJean, "Squat"? My point is that we need Pitching. We cannot go forward if in every avenue we see obstacles and shy away. I am a retired Marine. I was taught and I then taught other Marines to always over come. This basic tenet has always helped me through difficult times.I go after pitching if I needed pitching I would go after pitching. We can go after High profile targets such as C. C. Sabathia or some of the best pitchers on teams that are not going to compete for the division titles. I never understood quit or give up. I believe that the Astros have a chance to compete for the Division Title or Wild Card position, if we re-arm ourselves. Kershaw is a good target and we have prospects to use along with Veterans. My point is we need to target top prospects and veterans, not mediocre choices like Chacon, Villareal or Hernandez. Try and be a good girl tonight.
Randy
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
4/17/14 GDT KC @ HOU
Latest by thomasj13 - 4:02 AM
OT: 2013-2014 Texans Discussion
Latest by thomasj13 - 3:57 AM
OT: Houston Rockets 2013-2014 Discussion
Latest by thomasj13 - 3:44 AM
April Predictions
Latest by talshill - 2:18 AM
04/16 Royals vs Astros GDT