• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Morse traded to the Mariners
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • iLikePancakess

Don't see how this helps the Mariners considering he is a one year rental and sending one of their better offensive players to the A's

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/01/mariners-acquire-morse-in-three-team-deal-with-nats-as.html

• Reply to this Message
Message 127413.2 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • cuidado1

Someone in the comments section on MLB trade rumors had a very humorous comment; The M's appear to be trying to field the first all-DH team. Montero, Morales, Morse, Ibanez. I just dont understand what they're doing except trying desperately to add bats at all costs.

I dont like Jaso going to the A's, either. That guy can handle a bat.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • iLikePancakess
Exactly ! And if they are thinking about putting Morse in the outfield, they're in for a suprise with his below average glove

Edited 1/16/13   by  iLikePancakess
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • iLikePancakess
Haha Pathetics , good name
  • Reply to this Message
Message 127413.6 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • thrones
gee the M's defense is going to be downright awful this year. I don't understand what they are doing heck Ibanez is older than dirt. Morales may not hold up at first base. Montero and Morse can't play thier positions adequately. This could be a mess. The A's fleeced the M's.

Edited 1/17/13   by  thrones
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • dcangelsfan

>Billy Beane wins again.<

I know - it's depressing how often people make such obviously imbalanced trades with him.

Then again, seems to me if the M's GM (I can't spell or pronounce his name) got taken in this trade, what does that make *our* GM, having been taken by the M's GM in the Morales trade?

What's next, they gonna bring Dave Kingman out of retirement?

• Reply to this Message
Message 127413.9 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • Bozeman

They moved the fences in so that what players who hit HR's.

Give the fans something to be excited about.

• Reply to this Message
Message 127413.11 was deleted
  • 1/18/13
  • thrones
Biily Beane is a great GM but he is not infalliable he makes some bad trades he got rid of Carlos Gonzales for nothing and traded Milton Bradley for Andre Ethier ouch! Even the great ones get taken.
We did not get taken but I do think the M's gm did get taken you don't rid of a catcher who can hit for an outfielder who can't field. He is creating a team full of dh types who can't play the field.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • Angeleer

< Give the fans something to be excited about. >

Its not just that, the Mariners were having a huge problem convincing free agent power hitters to sign with them. All you need to do is look at what the Mariners were willing to give up to get Justin Upton and the fact that Upton blocked the trade (a dumb move IMO) to see what I'm talking about.

I think after this season that Safeco will no longer be known as a "pitcher's ballpark" and that Seattle gets several hitters interested in signing with them. In the mean time everyone throws numbers out concerning Safeco when the truth is those numbers are now invalid and the Mariners become a contending team. It may even happen this year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • Bozeman

Nicely said. You nailed it.

It didn't look to me like the demenisons changed that much. To me it was a modest change bringing in the outfield walls.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • Angeleer

< To me it was a modest change bringing in the outfield walls. >

The left-center power ally was reduced by 17 feet, but what seems to go unnoticed is that besides moving the fences in they are also not as tall. In left field, the 16 foot tall scoreboard now has a 8 foot fence sitting in front of it.

Can you imagine what would happen if at the big A they put a 8 foot fence in front of the scoreboard in RF? Even a couple of feet closer would be huge!

Edited 1/18/13   by  Angeleer
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • Bozeman

I agree.

Morales will like the LF power ally too.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • Bozeman

The Mariners will move portions of the outfield wall at Safeco Field for the 2013 season. The changes, which will primarily affect the left field power alley, are the first to the field dimensions since the ballpark opened in 1999.

You probably already saw this but I will post it for others interested in the outfield walls at Safeco.

Outfield wall changes at Safeco.

LF Line 331 to 331

Left Center 390 to 378 Biggest change is the Lf power ally.

Deepest Point 409' to 405

Straightaway Center 405' to 401'

Right Center 385' to 381

RF Line 326' to 326'

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • thrones

Seattle had a hitter's park in Kingdome I don't recall too many high profile free agents signing there.
Ballplayers may not like the city too much despite the demensions.

Its not exactly a baseball mecca its a franchise which had some nice years but never the center of the baseball universe I doubt they will ever become the free agent attraction that the so cal teams have become or the eastern board teams have traditionally been. They might attract some borderline free agents but the really big cats I am un unconvinced.

They are however highly attractive for Japanese ballplayers given management and the demographics of the city.

Edited 1/19/13   by  thrones
  • Reply to this Message