• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Stoked on PB!
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • Callinuout

I had been so wraped up on Trout's great year and all of these high profile signings and forgot how fun PB was to watch play in 2011.

I hope you enjoy this video as much as I did, it's really getting me excited to watch this kid get some real playing time again. BTW at one point in the video you can actually see him hurt his hip running the bases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxbnZEnIrIQ

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • HaloDomination
I love PB&J as much as PB
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • KennedyHits3
The pitchers will be very happy to have him in center field.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Bozeman

Awesome highlight video. Thnks for posting it.

With our fly ball starting rotation we need Pete to return to 2011 form.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • glovesuite
He's going to get his chance! Has to come out hot...Replace Hunter's numbers.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AprilThruSeptember

Thank you so much for that link! I just love this kid and it was so much fun watching that video.

He had a really sweet swing in 2011 and somehow he needs to get that back.

But the video was worth watching for his defense alone. He's spectacular.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • HookedOnTrout

The part of his defense that sets him apart from Trout is his arm. I don't think most fans realize how good an arm he has.

In 51 games in 2010 he had a dWAR of 1.5, mostly because of his 10 assists. Extended out over a season he would have torched the record for dWAR in a season. Runners quickly learned not to run on him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • EcksFactor
Thanks for sharing! I think Bourjos will have a great 2013!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AprilThruSeptember
Callinuout was right about being able to see where PB hurt his hip, overrunning second base and heading back, then putting his hand to his side and leaning over. It was fairly obvious right there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Callinuout
Agreed!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Callinuout

Thank you so much for that link! I just love this kid and it was so much fun watching that video.

He had a really sweet swing in 2011 and somehow he needs to get that back.

But the video was worth watching for his defense alone. He's spectacular.

My pleasure I'm happy to share! I know you're a big BP fan and after watching some videos I started to remember how excited I was to see him play again.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Callinuout

The part of his defense that sets him apart from Trout is his arm. I don't think most fans realize how good an arm he has.

The guys got a gun for sure!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AprilThruSeptember

He's been really overshadowed by Trout and it's nice to see his defense all over again. I wish we'd been able to see more of PB running the bases on regular base hits, but of course the camera's aimed at the fielders and they don't show much of him until he's on third base or at home plate.

Anyway, thanks again for the gem. It was wonderful! :)

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • HookedOnTrout
You can also check out well over 100 highlight clips on his MLB player page...
http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/search/media.jsp?player_id=488721
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Angel_Graffiti
PB doesn't have a good arm. It's OK. It's not good.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Bozeman

Hmm. It's better than just Ok.

AG, he's got a real good arm.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • angelscubs

Unless he starts to hit, his defense won't make up for his lack of offense. Right now, he is slightly more valuable than VW. The Angels can't afford another 220 hitting OF
I think Kole Calhoun has more promise of being a complete baseball player than PB does.
He will get his chance to surprise us..me..but PB becoming an offensive threat seems pretty unlikely.
There have been lots of flashy outfielders who had decent rookie seasons, that were out of baseball 3 or 4 seasons later, and PB looks like he could easily be one of those, to me.

I think Angel's fans over-rate the guy. He has been on the trading block for quite a while, so decision makers around baseball obviously feel the same way. He is going to get a chance to prove the naysayers wrong, but I for one will not be shocked if he is hitting 230-240 come mid June. And that just aint gonna cut it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AprilThruSeptember

WHAT???

That's the first time I've ever seen anyone make a statement like that. He's KNOWN for his great arm. Where have you been, AG?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AprilThruSeptember

He's been on the trading block? According to whom?

From what I've read Dipoto does NOT want to trade PB and he's said so himself more than once.

He has every plan to let PB start in the outfield this season. Dipoto was lying? I doubt it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • HookedOnTrout

" PB doesn't have a good arm. It's OK. It's not good. "

Geeez, you're clueless.

• Reply to this Message