Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• "There's no place like home!"
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • saylo

Good article on Madson. Pitching in Philly is like swimming with sharks

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-0115-angels-ryan-madson-20130115,0,6232608.story

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Callinuout

It took only a short time before he experienced the wrath of Philadelphia's sports fans, who are notorious for booing Santa Claus, pelting then-St. Louis outfielder J.D. Drew with D-batteries and cheering when Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin lay motionless on the field after suffering a neck injury.

What a bunch of D-bags. All heard a radio host the other night that says he went to a Giants vs Eagles game in Philly and that the Eagles fans beat him up and hung him over a rail by his legs when he was a KID.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • saylo
Isn't the Phillies stadium built atop what was once maximum security prison?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Bozeman
Good insight on Madson. Welcome home big guy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AprilThruSeptember

>>The City and team eventually settled on building at the South Philadelphia Sports Complex, on the site of an old food warehouse much like Lincoln Financial Field.<< From Wikipedia.

But I also saw on Yahoo! this particular post by someone and maybe that's where you got the prison idea:

>>Citizens Bank Park replaced the old Veteran's Stadium in 2004. This stadium had a small jail cell in the basement to keep rowdy fans there during a ball game, the only stadium in league history with its own jail cell. The stadium also had its own judge during home games who had violent fans detained on the premises! Philadelphia fans are known to be some of the most violent fans, so this I believe.<<

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • saylo
If I was a free agent I would pay not to be in Philly.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • HaloDomination
Every city has their violent fans. Philly is no worse than Boston or Chicago where they call their own players racist names. No worse than the Bay Area where people shot each other over a preseason football game. No worse then even Southern California which has recently had more incidents of fan violence than anywhere in the country.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AprilThruSeptember
I was in Philly this past December and saw the three sports facilities from the freeway on the way to Baltimore, all of them clustered nearly in one spot. It was nice to see that, but I don't know what to say about the violence there, much less violence related to sports, which are supposed to be fun, not taken so seriously as to put anyone's life in danger. That's just sick.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • saylo
Yeah. But only Philly booed Santa Claus
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • saylo
To think that Rocky was a Philadelphian...he was the exception...."Hey, Adrian...!"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AprilThruSeptember
I think that would be something I haven't watched, sorry.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • HaloDomination

They booed a drunk who showed up 30 minutes late dressed up as Santa. Not to mention the Eagles only had a 2 win season that year.

They did not just boo the drunk but hit him with snowballs.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Callinuout

Isn't the Phillies stadium built atop what was once maximum security prison?

Wiki says an old food warehouse.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Callinuout

Every city has their violent fans. Philly is no worse than Boston or Chicago where they call their own players racist names.

Of course they do but when there are enough fans at 1 single game bringing batteries to pelt players with you've raises the bar.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Bozeman
Awesome avatar. :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • HaloDomination

Didn't Mike Piazza get hit with a water bottle at Angels Staduim in 2006.

It happens everywhere.

• Reply to this Message