• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• A's vs Angel pitching. Who is better?
  • To:All
  • 1/13/13
  • 1gameatatime

I say the Angels pitching vs. the A's is probably equal on paper. I don't see a clear cut winner on who is best.

At the end of the day, the Angels have more experience while the younger A's have one year under their belt and promise and still have to prove themselves. Still it wouldn't be hard to take an A's starter over an Angel not named Weaver.

Weaver vs. Anderson
Wilson vs. Parker
Vargas vs. Milone
Hanson vs. Griffin
Blanton vs. Straily

I know a lot of of us here look down on the Angels' recent pitching acquisitions but I believe they can and will be fine. Our pitchers will have a good defense behind especially in the outfield. And our potent lineup will give them confidence our big bats are going to score a lot of runs.

Blanton, Hanson, and Vargas will be better knowing that the offense can put up numbers that can overcome any other team. These guys may surprise you and me! It's probably the key to winning it all this year.

So here is the thing and why I think we will beat the A's.

Let's say it is Parker vs. Wilson.
Well it truly isn't Parker vs. Wilson at all.
Its Parker vs. the Angels lineup, one of the best offensive lineups in baseball. Advantage Angels.

The A's pitching has the bigger job to shut down our offense while Angel pitchers clearly have the advantage shuting down the A's offense.

The A's won last year on pitching and timely hitting. Was it a fluke or not?.
Even if it was our pitchers have the easier task of stopping the A's bats vs. the A's ptichers stopping ours.

I say we shouldn't under estimate our starting pitching.

What do you say.

Edited 1/13/13   by  1gameatatime
Edited 1/13/13   by  1gameatatime
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • iLikePancakess

"Let's say it is Parker vs. Wilson.
Well it truly isn't Parker vs. Wilson at all.
Its Parker vs. the Angels lineup, one of the best offensive lineups in baseball. Advantage Angels."

That was probably the Tigers attitude when they were facing the Giants.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • marhobo
Rangers?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • halos13

Texans should stick to football....Houston and Texas wont best an issue in AL west in 2013

Jk...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • HaloDomination
Maybe if they bring in Lohse and he pitches like he did last year
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • ANAHEIMBOB
The A's play in very friendly pitcher ball park "O.co Coliseum". Scioscia has a long history of leaving pitchers in the game, when they are getting lit-up, inflating their ERA. If everything was equal, I would take the Angels staff.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 127391.7 was deleted
  • 1/14/13
  • Angeleer

< What do you say. >

All arguments including offensive differences asude, overall, the A's starting pitching is clearly better IMO.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • Troutfield

Example:

Scott Kazmir in 2010. Kaz gives up 13 runs in 4 or 5 innings and Scioscia leaves him in.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • RandomCommenter33
Last year wasn't everyone on this board complaining about Scioscia NOT leaving pitchers in? Like lifting Greinke in the middle of a shutout only for Frieri to blow the game in one pitch?

Edited 1/14/13   by  RandomCommenter33
  • Reply to this Message