• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Bradley charged with domestic abuse
  • To:All
  • 1/11/13
  • daygloman2

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/former-major-league-OF-milton-bradley-charged-in-LA-with-domestic-abuse-011113

Wow, what a guy...
Bradley charged with domestic abuse

Updated Jan 11, 2013 4:11 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (AP)

Former Los Angeles Dodgers and Seattle Mariners outfielder Milton Bradley has been charged with abusing his estranged wife and faces up to 13 years in jail if convicted, city prosecutors announced Friday.

Bradley, 34, was charged on Thursday with 13 misdemeanor counts of assault with a deadly weapon, vandalism and dissuading a witness from making a report.

In addition to jail time, Bradley could face up to $13,000 in fines and restitution if convicted.

He remained free pending a scheduled Jan. 24 arraignment.

Prosecutors contend that Bradley threatened and attacked his wife five times in 2011 and 2012. He was twice arrested at the home in 2011.

''During one incident in November 2012, Bradley allegedly pushed his wife against a kitchen wall and choked her with both hands after she requested that he stop smoking marijuana in front of their children and requested that his friends leave her San Fernando Valley home,'' said a statement from the city attorney's office.

Prosecutors contend that during other confrontations, Bradley kicked his wife in the ribs, approached her with a baseball bat and threatened her with a knife while telling her: ''You'll be dead b---- before you divorce me.''

''My client denies it,'' said Bradley's attorney, Harland Braun. ''I've talked to him already. He said 'she's making up stories. I don't know what she's talking about.'''

The couple, who have two children, are separated and in the middle of a contentious divorce.

Bradley played 11 years in the majors with the Montreal Expos, Cleveland Indians, Dodgers, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Texas Rangers, Chicago Cubs and Seattle Mariners.

His playing history was marred by several confrontational outbursts. The Dodgers traded him to Oakland in 2005 after he threw a water bottle at fans and he had a clubhouse run-in with a reporter. During his brief term with Seattle, he was suspended for a game for bumping an umpire and ejected for arguing a called third strike.

He's been a free agent since the Mariners released him in 2011.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • AprilThruSeptember
This guy is a real piece of work, isn't he?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • 1gameatatime

Sadly people like this never were shown their mothers love as infants and this type behavior is the result.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • marhobo
I'd like to see the reaction of some if they were the ones married to Monique. lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • daygloman2
Like I said, what a guy!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • AprilThruSeptember
It bothers me knowing there are quite a few pro athletes prone to this type of behavior.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • daygloman2
Are you defending him?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • daygloman2
Yes.
Sad really.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • marhobo
Is the man always wrong?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • CalifCajun
Milton needs to figure out a way to cool off.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • daygloman2
He kicked his wife in the ribs. HIS WIFE!
He threw a glass at her face that broke & cut her head open.
Yes, I think he was wrong to do that.
I love my own wife & would never even consider hitting her, or hurt her in any way shape or form.
But hey, that's just me!~
You uh.... you don't consider the above wrong???

Edited 1/12/13   by  daygloman2
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • thrones

He will have plenty of time to figure that out in prison.

Of course the Nation of Islam will recruit him there and he can direct his passions towards the evil that caused all this. Whitey!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • marhobo

The only people I know who are not fully aware of Milton Bradley's short emotional fuse are folks who don't follow sports. Notice I said sports. Because even non baseball sports lovers know it, at least within my circle.

My guess is that Monique is fully aware how to light that fuse. And does it every chance she gets.

Note the work guess. Then realize that you are guessing too. And since he repeatedly goes off around her, I'd say it's likely they are both mental cases. So either she is just unbelievably ignorant or she tries to get him lathered up - most probably both.

I'll wait for both sides of the story to give true direction. I'm not sure why people like you want to trash people without even knowing what's true or false.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • Angeleer
Its obvious that Bradley has some mental and emotional problems. Sadly, its alo apparent that he can't seem to get control over them and they will likely be with him his entire life.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • daygloman2
They probably ARE both mental cases?
But he's a big strong man, & she's female.
But then it seems you don't have an issue with that, I do.
I've read & seen enough things Bradley has done in the past to form an opinion about his charachter.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • 1gameatatime

I'm sick of hearing about Bradley's problems.

He's a pathetic human being and bad for the game of baseball.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • marhobo
Like I said. She knows full well what she's dealing with, and it once again came to blows. Or so the report says. Yet you claim she's an innocent victim because she's of lesser physical strength. Pretty weak.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • daygloman2
So it seems.
The dude seems to have some serious anger issues.
People that snap that quickly tend to do things they really regret later...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • daygloman2
Whatever?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • Angeleer
I don't think anyone is "innocent" here with the possible exception of any minor children involved. Since Bradley is no longer involved in sports its just anouther domestic dispute as far as I'm concerned. Unless I am called to be a juror in this case its a big "meh" as far as I'm concerned. About all I can say is that I hope the parties involved get the necessary help.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Does Pujols look done now?
Latest by Angel_Graffiti - 9:47 AM
8 and 10
Latest by cuidado1 - 9:12 AM
Ianetta vs. Conger
Latest by cuidado1 - 8:47 AM
Big Question
Latest by justanotherhalo - 7:11 AM
Angels Bullpen is a nightmare
Latest by ExNo15 - 4:58 AM