• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• HGH...Anyone Worried????
  • To:All
  • 1/11/13
  • iemonkey

It seemed to me a few years back the Angels stayed away from anyone that might be CLOSE to using PED's (missed on GMJ) because it looked like MLB was going to crack down

Locked up Scioscia and his small ball thinking, pitching and D

Then it seemed MLB was doing nothing buit window dressing

So the Angels go for Albert and Josh

Now MLB get a drug test with some teeth

Anyone Concerned?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • Druma4life

Sounds like you are.

If someone on the Angels fails a test....so be it. I'm not going to worry that some players might be using just because they are good players. Some players could be using, the Angels aren't some PED-proof organization or anything like that. But if you believe albert or josh will get busted, it's because you already have a preconceived notion about them.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • 1gameatatime
Any player dumb enough to take PED's after all that's been said and done deserves to be banned from the game.

I'm not worried but that's my opinion on the subject no matter who the player is and someone will be dumb enough to use and get caught.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • buffalo44
Take a guess on how many former Angels used PED's, if it is under 5 your not guessing right.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • Know_know
...yea, Troy Glaus is worried.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/12/13
  • Troutbomb
santanas gone, not anymore
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • thrones

Glaus and Matthews are no longer on the team.

Josh is the most tested man in baseball trust me he is not doping on anything your silly even for suggesting that one.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • TNT_27_44

Why is it you mention Pujols and Hamilton because of this?

Andy Pettitte used HGH. Did anyone have any suspicions he was using? It can be anyone and sometimes the least likely. It's not like steroids where size matters. This is something that players use a lot to help come back from injury. Maybe CJ, Madson and Burnett should be worried?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • KennedyHits3
The way I've heard it explained, the only ones who would be caught with the MLB system are those that aren't very smart. Although I read that MLB will finally begin recording baseline testosterone so that should make it much harder to cheat.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • AprilThruSeptember
As anti-drug as CJ is, I'd be amazed if he would even take something for discomfort after his surgery.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • TNT_27_44
And I would agree, but the fact is that use is not limited to position players or big hitters, that any player can benefit from HGH use and mostly likely when recovering from an injury. I would hope our players are smart enough to know it's not worth it, but yet we still see players getting caught.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • TheEvilTwin

I am a little worried. I do think there will be a noticeable amount of guys who get caught, finally. My big brother thinks that Albert Pujols will get caught, and my Dad agrees. I also think that this is the kind of thing that will affect player salaries immediately and in the future.

And I think the headhunting will help owners in a way, going forward with voiding the contracts of some guys and signing guys for a lot less than they would, were it not for PEDs being such a big issue. A lot of agents are going to be pretty humbled from here on out.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • AprilThruSeptember

I know, and it astounds me that any of them can be so foolish.

I don't do sports and never have, but isn't there anything out there to help with sports injuries which ISN'T disallowed by MLB and doesn't end up affecting performance, but simply heals the injury?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • buffalo44
Yes there are steroids that can help and that are not PED's.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • AprilThruSeptember
Good.
  • Reply to this Message