• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• What a wonderful life
  • To:All
  • 1/10/13
  • bekkie

I know many of you here have heard me mention my dad, time and time again.

He's been in and out of the hospital since before Christmas, and just couldn't seem to get any better. However, that didn't stop him from making plans to go to spring training this year.

Unfortunately, dad passed away this morning, just 2 months shy of his 92nd birthday. He lived a full, wonderful life and everyone that knew him will miss his words of wisdom, as well as his corny jokes.

For those of you that have read my stories on his exploits, thank you for letting me remember him here. He has front row seats now, up with my mom, to watch his Angels.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • CalifCajun
I'm so sorry to hear that Bekkie. Great parents mean so much. I miss mine too. Let's win a World Series for Dear Old Dad.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 127375.3 was deleted
  • 1/11/13
  • deucester

I'm sorry to hear that your father has passed away. When I read this I got a little misty eyed, because my father died in 2010 at 62. My father could not wait to retire and spend more time with his two grandchildren (1 and 3 years old at the time), but he did not live long enough.

Shorty after he died I was at the doctor's office because my niece was going to have a reg. check up. I was in the waiting room and an older lady sat next to me. She told me she was upset, because she now needed a cane to use to walk and she told me she was 90 years of age.

I looked at her, smiled and said good!

I said good because she is 90 years old and her only problem was using a cane and some people never get to see what she saw and how long she lived.

She didn't ask why because I believe she knew what I meant.

So anyways, I know that you miss your father and mother and I truly wish you the best!

Edited 1/11/13   by  deucester
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • 1gameatatime

Just remember all the good times you shared with your father and all the love he gave you throughout the years. He is not gone. He will live in your heart forever. Honor him by the way you treat and love others.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • daygloman2
My deepest condolences Bekkie.
I want you to know I appreciated your Pop's advice about my knee more than you'll ever know.
RIP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • W_S_Ring

I'm sorry for your loss Bekkie!

It sounds as though your dad had A Wonderful Life.

My prayers go out to you and your dad.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/11/13
  • buffalo44
I am so sorry for your loss. Nothing can ever replace loved ones, but you have your memories and nothing can ever take them away. I will try to remember your dad every time I go to a ballgame.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 127375.9 was deleted
  • 1/12/13
  • Angeleer
My condolences and I hope you make it through this tough time unscathed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/12/13
  • standfan
My prayers and love go out to you. Anything more said just wouldn't sound right.
I do remember having written many, many times I wished I could meet him fish with him or just sit in the spring training seats with you and him and listen to the words of wisdom and stories flow.
Bless you for sharing so much about him. Take it slow and easy bekkie.
Just know I care.
CK
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • artethesmarte

Bekkie,

Wow. My sincere condolences to you and your family. I was one of his biggest fans! I just returned from a Mammoth trip and it's funny, I thought about how many times I've made that 395 north/south run, and then I thought of your pop! I'll bet he's got me beat. That said, I've got some work to do to catch up!

A wonderful life indeed. Best to you.

ats

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • ceadallas
I lost my father a couple of months ago too, bekkie. My condolences to you and your family on your loss. It helps to remember the great and long life they lived and, how they positivley effected the many people who knew them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • dcangelsfan

My deepest condolences, Bekkie, I know you'll miss him terribly, but I'm sure he was grateful to have spent such a long and healthy life with his loved ones.

It's staggering to think of the history he witnessed - from radio days and air mail, to the Great Depression, World War 2, moon landings, the jet age to the Internet, even an Angels World Series win - may he and his life, his stories, and his wisdom, live long in his family's memories.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • Angel_Graffiti

Sorry to read the news. I'm so glad he had a full life.

A life well lived!!!!! May we all be so fortunate.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • angelsince61
So sorry for your loss. My sincerest condolences.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • robrock30

So sorry to hear about your loss after the holidays.

My prayers and sincerest condolences are extended to both you and your family at this time and it is comforting to learn that your dad had a long and wonderful life and that his presence was felt and appreciated by many including Angel fans.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/20/13
  • bekkie

We celebrated Dad's life over the past week. It's been hard saying goodbye, but he was well remembered, and well loved.

6 of his 8 children were present (1 passed years ago, 1 is in a nursing home); 13 of his 14 grandchildren were there, as was 15 of his 16 great grand-children. There were many stories, many jokes and many laughs amongst the tears.

We remembered how he never said a cuss word - it was always "What the Sam Hill!" or "Son of a Biscuit!"

During the ceremonies both at church and at the graveside, dad's "baseball Angels" were remembered and blessed.

It was a perfect gathering for someone who loved people, and never met a stranger. Thank you, all of you, for your condolences. He would have enjoyed meeting and talking with each and every one of you.

Arte - you have a long ways to catch up to his many trips up to the Bishop/Bridgeport area. . . .he was there for trout opening, for camping, for hunting and had been going up that way since the mid 60's, when he started taking his family up there with him!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • artethesmarte

I aspire to his greatness! I read his obit...this is one of those times where you reflect and think..."man, I wish I had met him."

So sorry for your loss, Bekkie...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • bakojeff
A full life , it sounds like , for him, bekkie..all the best & godspeed..
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Does Pujols look done now?
Latest by angbelievr - 11:10 PM
4/19 Angels @ Tigers
Latest by Octops - 10:54 PM
2014 NCAA Baseball
Latest by daygloman2 - 9:25 PM
hitting the wall with Josh Wall
Latest by Troutfield - 9:14 PM
Joel Hanrahan?
Latest by VladdyforHOF - 5:13 PM