• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Bourjos is overrated
Message 127373.1 was deleted
  • 1/10/13
  • Angel_Graffiti

Define overrated. PB had a better year in 2011 than Trumbo did in 2012.

PB was one of the best players on the team in 2011.

• Reply to this Message
Message 127373.3 was deleted
  • 1/10/13
  • Angel_Graffiti

Wow.. we are talking about batting average?

Scotty, beam me out of the 70s.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 127373.5 through 127373.6 were deleted
  • 1/10/13
  • CalifCajun
I think he deserves playing time based on that season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • Angel_Graffiti

Yes. I agree.

If he's healthy.

• Reply to this Message
Message 127373.9 was deleted
  • 1/10/13
  • Gone_Fishing
If you factor in Bourjos defense, and consider his speed on the bases, and the fact that his bunting game will improve, he is a plus player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • KennedyHits3

Define overrated. PB had a better year in 2011 than Trumbo did in 2012. "

As long as HR, rbi, slg and ops aren't important.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • KennedyHits3

I predict anemic offensive numbers. He will not bat higher than .260 and shouild be batting 8th. He'll be riding the bench more often than not. "

With his defense, .260 would be tolerable if he can improve his obp. He really needs to improve his BB/K ratio. Strikes out way too much. He stares at strikes and swings at balls. But I'm all for giving him the shot in 2013. I just hope that 2012 was the aberration and not the norm because he was brutal.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • Angel_Graffiti

HR, Slugging, RBIs. I guess Trumbo was better than Trout because he beat him in two of the three categories.

How about two much better stats... WAR and RC/27.

Bourjos destroyed him in WAR and his RC/27 was very close.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • ANAHEIMBOB
Bourjos is a good defensive utility player, with speed. Three stolen bases last year. I think he will be a utility player, if he remains an Angel.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • KennedyHits3
I assumed the discussion was about hitting. Bourjos is playing primarily because of his outstanding defense which will be needed with this pitching staff. His hitting is a huge question mark for me. I hope he can improve his strike zone and cut down on the strike outs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • KennedyHits3

Bourjos is a good defensive utility player, with speed. Three stolen bases last year. I think he will be a utility player, if he remains an Angel. "

Great speed, poor base stealer. If he can hit closer to 2011 he will be very valuable in the OF with this pitching staff. Dipoto likes fly ball pitchers. Although with the trio of HR pitchers, Hansen, Blanton and Vargas it would help if he was a couple of feet taller.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • AprilThruSeptember

In 2011 he had 22 stolen bases. And he had three triples. He did not spend most of his time on the bench in 2011.

Does everyone conveniently forget this?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • ExNo15
He had 11 triples in 2011. He did have 22 stolen bases, but he was caught nine times for a 71% success rate. The break-even point for stolen bases is about 75%; if you're not at that rate or higher, you're actually costing your team runs. He has the speed to be a lot better than that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • KennedyHits3

He did spend much of his time on the bench last year....however, it was because he wasn't performing. He was the starting center fielder last year until he lost his job. I admit it was a very short leash since the team was so horrible at the start of last year but the job was his to lose. For some reason Peter never looked good at the plate last year.

In 2011 he stole 22 bases on 31 attempts. Not very good....particularly when you consider how fast he is. It appears PB doesn't read pitcher's moves very well. His lead-offs are usually pretty small. Compare his approach when he is on base versus Trout's. No comparison. Anyway, I like PB and hope he nails it in 2012. His hitting is a big question mark for me.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/10/13
  • Angel_Graffiti
I heard the break even point for SBs was a little below 70. Maybe even as low as 2 out of 3.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
What's your name?
Latest by Bozeman - 2:00 AM
Why I prefer Conger.
Latest by club13 - 1:37 AM
Aybar hitting 5th?
Latest by firems - 1:33 AM
Another bad trade rears it's ugly head
Latest by firems - 1:30 AM
Trumbo has stress fracture in foot
Latest by caangels72 - 1:04 AM
How is Freese looking?
Latest by KennedyHits3 - 1:03 AM
Minor League Updates
Latest by ElHombre5IsBack - 12:50 AM
Pujols leading MLB in home runs
Latest by dtwncbad - 12:11 AM
Why won't Scioscia call Frieri the closer?
Latest by iemonkey - Apr-24
Mike Scioscia is heartless
Latest by halodice2 - Apr-24