• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Do you also post on Angelswin.com?
  • To:All
  • 1/5/13
  • TNT_27_44

I've checkout out the site before and scanned the posts and everything but never joined, so is anyone that posts on here a member over there? Has anyone had a bad experience with the site?

I was curious because it looks good from the outside and it looks like a lot of them get together and do stuff, like their spring training fanfest. Looks like they have a lot to offer on their site.

just curious

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/5/13
  • 1gameatatime

I did for awhile back a few years when some bolted this site because of a couple posters and a format change. I still read it from time to time but no longer post there. One board is plenty for me.

Chuck does a nice job but if your not in the clique watch out. Some there are piranhas and will eat you alive if you offer a opinion they don't like.

Overall their board is nothing better than what we have here imo.

One advantage is Justin isn't allowed to post there.

I didn't participate in their group/social events so to be fair that might be a good reason to join if that's what you are looking for.

Edited 1/5/13   by  1gameatatime
Edited 1/5/13   by  1gameatatime
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/5/13
  • Octops
Followed it and posted there for while but lost interest. The site has a number of bloggers/posters who do a darn good job on reporting Angel - related stories in depth. But unfortunately the herd mentality of a juvenile clique tends to dominate the day to day posts. Avoid them and no reason you can't enjoy the site.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/5/13
  • AprilThruSeptember

I tried only once, after someone from this site suggested I try that one, but they didn't want me and wouldn't allow me to join. Then after reading here where so many said that place was a clique, I was glad I hadn't been allowed to join.

This site suits me just fine.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/5/13
  • cuidado1

No_No and Octops descriptions are EXACTLY what I experienced when I hung out there about 4-5 years ago.

This site takes some persevering at times, but the cliques over there were rabid.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • thrones
It's true if you don't agree with the clique you will be shouted down.
This board is big enough that you will have your share of supporters and haters no matter who you are.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • Angeleer

< the cliques over there were rabid. >

I agree, maybe the name should be changed to "angelsclique.com".

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • HookedOnTrout
I can attest to that. I joined up over there years ago (2006?) and made a first post that I thought was quite insightful about the 2006 season. But boy did I ruffle feathers! The clique came down on me hard and made it very personal when I tried to defend my position.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • cuidado1

This board may be the best it's been since I first started posting here. I dont know when that was. But Lee was around and that really cost the site some good posters. I just wouldnt be drawn in. But I persevered.

Justin is still around here but he's become so easy to spot that he's easy to avoid.

We've got a real battle going on right now between thrones and yazukafro, but those seem to be less and less. And there are so many knowledgeable posters here, now, that I've learned so much from. Many good discussions happen that dont end in flame; just respect for the other's opinion.

I have to admit,
it's getting betta.
a little betta,
all the time.
Yes, I admit
it's getting betta,
a little betta
since Lee's demise.
GETTING
SO MUCH
BETTA
ALL THE TIME!!

apologies to Lennon.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • CalifCajun
Ditto. I asked to be and was appointed to be a moderator over in 2008 in hopes of helping smooth out some of the rough edges over there. Lee's hijacking threads and the format changes here were getting to me, and I had just given up running a college sports forum so I thought the time was right to switch. But shortly thereafter my moderator privileges were removed and I took the hint, so to speak. This is a friendlier forum and since discussing the Angels is a pastime for me, I am happy over here. I'm glad Angelswin exists, because a couple of posters I thought were rude defected to that site and I don't have to see them here any more. Their site is impressive, though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • buffalo44
Maybe charlesangels will like what he sees, and come back.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 127353.12 was deleted
  • 1/6/13
  • TNT_27_44
Yep, that's not me. I only post on here for the Angels.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • ExNo15

I had the same problem over there back in 2006 or 07. I posted a couple of times and never went back.

Something similar happened to me at the other big Angels board last June when I dared to suggest that Trumbo's hot start might not be sustainable given his peripherals. I don't post at that site anymore either, but I do appreciate a lot of the articles.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • daygloman2
I have an account at that site, but I don't post there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • cuidado1

"Maybe charlesangels will like what he sees, and come back. "

Is he hanging out over at AW.com? Or is he just hanging low until the season starts?

I had no problem with Charles. He was a bit over exuberant for the Angels at times (like his win prediction for last year, LOL!!) but he's a good egg, respectful of others, etc. I hope he returns.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • BigSchtick
<CharlesAngels>...REAL STRONG stats guy...
He'll have a ball with this Angels beefed up lineup
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • CalifCajun
I've also wondered where Lightitupbaby went.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • ceadallas
I thought charlesangels got fed up with the board and left you guys before the season was over last year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/6/13
  • cuidado1

Oftentimes, he only shows up when we...................LIGHTITUP, BABY!!!

There are some other good posters that I heard defected to AW.com during the Lee Era. Cant remember their handles and dont want to go over there to find out.............

But maybe I will! Try and lure them back, maybe. Why not? Chuck used to come on this board and pimp his! Turnabout is fair play!!!

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Tell the truth..........
Latest by palisader4halos - 3:36 PM
2015 will NOT be better
Latest by gigglestix - 3:13 PM
Who is getting CALLED UP??!!
Latest by AngelsFaninLkArowhd - 3:00 PM
If we can't beat the good teams...
Latest by Angel_Graffiti - 2:35 PM
Unleash The Secret B.A.M. missle NOW!
Latest by gigglestix - 2:19 PM