• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Giancarlo Stanton?
  • To:All
  • 1/2/13
  • sugamonkey

I don't think we have enough to trade for him.

He'd be nice to add him to this Angels line up! And he'd be better the Peter Bourjos.

It would nice!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/2/13
  • glovesuite

I don t think Peter should start. Trumbo in left and Trout in CF.

Sign a left handed DH with pop and he could be a pinch hit if Peter does end up in center and Trumbo DH.

I hope were not done.!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/2/13
  • TNT_27_44
He would definitely be nice, but nope, we sure don't have enough to trade for him. There's only one name that would interest them and he's not going anywhere. There are a lot of teams with more young talent then us that might be able to pry him away.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/2/13
  • sugamonkey

don t think Peter should start. Trumbo in left and Trout in CF.

Sign a left handed DH with pop and he could be a pinch hit if Peter does end up in center and Trumbo DH.

I hope were not done.!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+***+*+*+*+

That was my biggest problem with the Kendrys Morales trade. We losing a left handed power bat.
I still don't see Vargas as being more then a mire .500 pitcher, giving up a lot of HR, and not re-signing with the Angels.

Is Joe Saunders available?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/2/13
  • glovesuite

Still a free agent, but not a viable option now. Any deal we are going to make has to be a legit number 2 starter. We have the safety valve now as far as professional inning eaters.

We have to be thinking upside now...that means even if it was a FA...it has to be a guy who can strike the fear into someone. A LEGIT NUMBER 2 starter...Playoff thoughts.

Keeping Kendrys and signing Kyle Lohse would have been an option...I guess he was going to be too expensive as well.

Looks like a trade deadline deal will be in order for a number 2 starter.

In the meantime...Sign a left handed DH to replace Kendry's...it's the way to go. (Cheap)

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/2/13
  • sugamonkey
Oops! I ment, "wasn't" Joe Saunders available.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/2/13
  • glovesuite
Yes. But much more expensive in this market and a 4 year commitment.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/2/13
  • deucester

I think some LAD fans are a little cautious about Moreno. It's funny.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-dodgers&tid=128617

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/3/13
  • sugamonkey
That's kind of funny!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/3/13
  • thrones
Hey it would be great to field the greatest outfield of all time but it probably won't win us a world series as strange as this is going to sound we need a top of the rotation pitcher more than Stanton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/3/13
  • Angeleer
The Dodgers won't get Stanton because he isn't paid enough, and the Dodgers are all about spending the most money.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/4/13
  • TheEvilTwin

"I don't think we have enough to trade for him.

He'd be nice to add him to this Angels line up! And he'd be better the Peter Bourjos.

It would nice!"

..OMG, I dont know if I could take it if they got their hands on Stanton. He seems to be a public relations dream with him being from SoCal...and he's a guy that every team wants, right?. Geez, I think Id faint if they traded for him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/5/13
  • sugamonkey
D(a)mn!!!!!!!! Is that you? I think I just fainted!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/5/13
  • TheEvilTwin
Im sorry??...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/5/13
  • sugamonkey
Is that you in the pic?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
  • TheEvilTwin

ah, yea...wasn't sure what u were talking about. Sorry, the hair is kinda scary ....

new Angels fan on board. Me and my family just moved to OC, 5 nths ago. But we were Halo fans for yrs.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
  • sugamonkey
Scary? No. You're hair look Halo red hot sexy! What happened to your hand? Are you alright?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
  • TheEvilTwin
lol, thanx...I burned my hand cooking something.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/7/13
  • sugamonkey

Well, that's what happens when you're TheEvilTwin. :)

I'm glad you're alright though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • Yankeefantic
amazing. You just signed Hamilton. You got Trout , Pujolis and now you people want Stanton? Fricking unbelievable.
I 've always known that only the Yankees are NOT allowed to crave all the great players. But, it is perfectly acceptable for other teams to do so.
Have you not "brought enough" players to buy the WS yet ? Guess you wil learn like the Yankees have learned. Having an all star at every position does not guarantee a WS. Post season is the luck of the draw, the hottest team usually wins 8 out of 10 times.
But, enjoy raising your payroll through the roof and emptying your farm. Fricking amazing.
  • Reply to this Message