Nick Castellanos #12.
Too bad he plays 3b. Trade bait for sure! We have Cabby until forever!
It is surprising that a guy can go from 22 to outside of the top 50, all while not having a bad season between Triple-A and the majors. I haven't been blown away by Turner, but he hasn't done anything in 6 months to warrant that kind of demotion.
Just goes to show you how clueless the people who make these lists are, and also why they should be taken with a grain of salt.
"I think his 4 BB per 9 has something to do with it."
Which they could argue, if someone like Taijun Walker (#4) didn't average 4 walks per 9 innings over the course of his minor league career.
If they're going off of numbers alone, there are plenty of players to pick apart on this list, many of whom are older, less experienced, and have been less impressive than Turner.
While I believe that Baseball America is the king of prospects, it's still only one source. Here's another: http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/7/2/3130761/top-120-prospect-list-for-2012-midseason-revision-update 1) Jurickson Profar, SS, Texas Rangers (previously #5)2) Wil Myers, OF, Kansas City Royals (previously #14)3) Trevor Bauer, RHP, Arizona Diamondbacks (previously #7)4) Dylan Bundy, RHP, Baltimore Orioles (previously #19)5) Taijuan Walker, RHP, Seattle Mariners (previously #15)6) Gerrit Cole, RHP, Pittsburgh Pirates (11)7) Danny Hultzen, LHP, Seattle Mariners (25)8) Manny Machado, SS, Baltimore Orioles (8)9) Oscar Taveras, OF, St. Louis Cardinals (62)10) Jameson Taillon, RHP, Pittsburgh Pirates (16)
11) Xander Bogaerts, SS, Boston Red Sox (30)12) Miguel Sano, 3B, Minnesota Twins (31)13) Zack Wheeler, RHP, New York Mets (36)14) Andrelton Simmons, SS, Atlanta Braves (76)15) Billy Hamilton, SS, Cincinnati Reds (57)
16) Nick Franklin, SS, Seattle Mariners (63)17) Drew Pomeranz, LHP, Colorado Rockies (21)18) Travis D'Arnaud, C, Toronto Blue Jays (26)19) Nick Castellanos, 3B, Detroit Tigers (59)20) Tyler Skaggs, LHP, Arizona Diamondbacks (23)
21) Jacob Turner, RHP, Detroit Tigers (18)22) Anthony Rizzo, 1B, Chicago Cubs (37)23) Yasmani Grandal, C, San Diego Padres (42)24) Carlos Martinez, RHP, St. Louis Cardinals (33)25) Francisco Lindor, SS, Cleveland Indians (46)
26) Christian Yelich, OF, Miami Marlins (34)27) Jake Odorizzi, RHP, Kansas City Royals (60)28) Julio Teheran, RHP, Atlanta Braves (10)29) Kolten Wong, 2B, St. Louis Cardinals (56)30) Nolan Arenado, 3B, Colorado Rockies (13)
31) Gary Sanchez, C, New York Yankees (61)32) Matt Harvey, RHP, New York Mets (35)33) Archie Bradley, RHP, Arizona Diamondbacks (24)34) Anthony Rendon, 3B, Washington Nationals (20)35) Shelby Miller, RHP, St. Louis Cardinals (6)
36) Jackie Bradley, OF, Boston Red Sox37) Mason Williams, OF, New York Yankees (92)38) Mike Olt, 3B, Texas Rangers (65)39) Jose Fernandez, RHP, Miami Marlins (previously Honorable Mention)40) Noah Syndergaard, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays (67)
41) Matt Barnes, RHP, Boston Red Sox (74)42) Zach Lee, RHP, Los Angeles Dodgers (75)43) Javier Baez, SS-3B, Chicago Cubs (109)44) Bubba Starling, OF, Kansas City Royals (38)45) Justin Nicolino, LHP, Toronto Blue Jays (68)
46) Eddie Rosario, 2B-OF, Minnesota Twins (90)47) Jonathan Singleton, 1B, Houston Astros (47)48) Taylor Guerrieri, RHP, Tampa Bay Rays (107)49) Aaron Sanchez, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays50) Jedd Gyorko, 3B, San Diego Padres (50)
51) Anthony Gose, OF, Toronto Blue Jays (51)52) Rymer Liriano, OF, San Diego Padres (54)53) George Springer, OF, Houston Astros (55)54) Jesse Biddle, LHP, Philadelphia Phillies (71)55) Brett Jackson, OF, Chicago Cubs (27)
56) Trevor May, RHP, Philadelphia Phillies (40)57) James Paxton, LHP, Seattle Mariners (29)58) Garrett Richards, RHP, Los Angeles Angels (96)59) Ryan Lavarnway, C, Boston Red Sox up (97)60) Trevor Story, SS, Colorado Rockies up some (99)
61) Daniel Corcino, RHP, Cincinnati Reds (120)62) Derek Norris, C, Oakland Athletics (88)63) Robert Stephenson, RHP, Cincinnati Reds (HM)64) Oswaldo Arcia, OF, Minnesota Twins (91)65) Brian Goodwin, OF, Washington Nationals (HM)
66) Luis Heredia, RHP, Pittsburgh Pirates67) Tyler Austin, OF, New York Yankees 68) Gary Brown, OF, San Francisco Giants (43)69) Jake Marisnick, OF, Toronto Blue Jays (48)70) Starling Marte, OF, Pittsburgh Pirates (64)
71) Daniel Norris, LHP, Toronto Blue Jays (70)72) Leonys Martin, OF, Texas Rangers (116)73) Josh Bell, OF, Pittsburgh Pirates (49)74) Alex Meyer, RHP, Nationals (HM)75) Rougned Odor, SS, Texas Rangers (HM)
76) Wilmer Flores, 3B, New York Mets (HM)77) Alen Hanson, 2B, Pittsburgh Pirates78) Jean Segura, INF, Los Angeles Angels (66)79) Hak-Ju Lee, SS, Tampa Bay Rays (58)80) Jarred Cosart, RHP, Houston Astros (108)
81) Chris Archer, RHP, Tampa Bay Rays82) Manny Banuelos, LHP, New York Yankees (45)83) Miles Head, 1B, Oakland Athletics84) Cody Buckel, RHP, Texas Rangers (HM)85) Martin Perez, LHP, Texas Rangers (83)
86) A.J. Cole, RHP, Oakland Athletics (52)87) Michael Choice, OF, Oakland Athletics (53)88) Tyrell Jenkins, RHP, St. Louis Cardinals (69)89) Trevor Rosenthal, RHP, St. Louis Cardinals (HM)90) Blake Swihart, C, Boston Red Sox
91) Brad Miller, SS, Seattle Mariners92) Jonathan Schoop, SS, Baltimore Orioles (77)93) Kaleb Cowart, 3B, Los Angeles Angels94) Tony Cingrani, LHP, Cincinnati Reds95) Jorge Bonifacio, OF, Kansas City Royals
96) Brandon Nimmo, OF, New York Mets (93)97) Yordano Ventura, RHP, Kansas City Royals98) Jeurys Familia, RHP, New York Mets (95)99) Kyle Crick, RHP, San Francisco Giants100) Matt Adams, 1B, St. Louis Cardinals (110)
101) Cheslor Cuth.bert, 3B, Kansas City Royals (39)102) Robbie Erlin, LHP, San Diego Padres (79)103) Joe Wieland, RHP, San Diego Padres (81)104) Mikie Mahtook, OF, Tampa Bay Rays (94)105) Brandon Jacobs, OF, Boston Red Sox (89)
106) Brad Peacock, RHP, Oakland Athletics (84)107) Tyler Thornburg, RHP, Milwaukee Brewers (104)108) Marcell Ozuna, OF, Miami Marlins (HM)109) David Holmberg, LHP, Arizona Diamondbacks110) Austin Hedges, C, San Diego Padres
111) Victor Sanchez, RHP, Seattle Mariners112) Adam Conley, LHP, Miami Marlins113) Chris Owings, SS, Arizona Diamondbacks114) Kyle Lotzkar, RHP, Cincinnati Reds115) Chris Reed, LHP, Los Angeles Dodgers
116) J.R. Graham, RHP, Atlanta Braves117) Wil Swanner, C, Colorado Rockies118) C.J. Cron, 1B, Los Angeles Angels119) Henry Owens, LHP, Boston Red Sox120) Elier Hernandez, OF, Kansas City Royals
Tigers only 2 of 120 in that list.
Seriously, the entire Tiger organization is messed up.
We could be in for mid-1990's and mid-2000's all over again in a few years.
But at least we got Fielder! Oh Boy!
<<Tigers only 2 of 120 in that list.Seriously, the entire Tiger organization is messed up. >>
Yet, you want to trade one of them.
Well, we had a baren farm system and then only had about 4 years of the new management in place before we broke through and began thinking "win now". Acquiring those pieces to "win now" costs talent.
This is the price you pay to go all in. You bring up the talent you have and trade the rest to get complimentary pieces to build the teams.
For a while seemed like Teheran for the Braves was the real deal. Starting to slip I am guessing. Bet he'll be the centerpiece of any deal for Greinke.
Hak Ju Lee is that high? Saw him in Huntsville when the Biscuits played them and he was very unimpressive.
By the time those 2 of the top 21 are established in the ML ..we will have lost Verlander and Cabrera to Free Agency.
But we will still have Fielder! Oh Boy!