• Welcome Guest
San Francisco Giants

Welcome to the San Francisco Giants.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• DO NOT get HOOD-WINKed by the zen-master
  • To:All
  • 4/10/12
  • furlough
One good performance do not erase 5 years of garbage. And if you are buying his outing yesterday as more good things to come then you have been tricked. He is still garbage. Don't make me say I told you so ok??!!??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/10/12
  • socagiant2

That said, why refuse to accept his good outing, especially when the rest of the rotation krapped the bed?

Giving him his due for the day DOES NOT automatically erase or predict anything, except for those who live in fantasy land - and for them, caviat emptor.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/10/12
  • 55ftw
I am just trying to enjoy the moment, as he probably has used up his allotment of scoreless innings for quite awhile now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/10/12
  • furlough
I'll give him props for yesterday but all I am saying is that he is very likely to be shelled his next game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/10/12
  • furlough
I have to agree.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/10/12
  • colinsg

I don't think anybody above the age of 12 on this board has any illusions that Zito has suddenly turned things around after five seasons of wallowing in decline.

He has always had the ability to throw a gem, and, in fact, he's had a couple each of his lousy past seasons. Two years ago I believe he actually strung together three strong outings in a row. It never lasts.

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/10/12
  • rcchristan

Well.. keep this in mind that it was the 1st CG shutout for a Giants in Coors field. It's not easy to do a CGS let alone in Coors Field.

Zito gave credit to Hector... i dunno, maybe they got somethng going. One can only hope Zito keeps it up... but yah, a 85mph fastball is not too scary.

• Reply to this Message
Message 140803.8 was deleted
  • 4/10/12
  • BayAreaSFGiantsFan
No one on this MB has been "hood-winked." Everyone is just enjoying the moment and happy that we got the bad starts from our big 3 behind us courtesy of an unexpected source.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 140803.10 was deleted
  • 4/10/12
  • hardcore81
Zito's problems are all in his head. He's a headcase, plain and simple. Maybe Hector can settle him down. He just needs to pitch, and not over analyze or obsess over a contract that he'll never live up to.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 140803.12 through 140803.14 were deleted
  • 4/11/12
  • furlough
I like your sarcasm.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 140803.16 was deleted
  • 4/11/12
  • enfoe
<WTF is "hood-winked" anyways? Is that some old tyme saying or something?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/11/12
  • DrilltheDH

If you throw a complete game shutout, then you are not garbage. Zito has stopped relying on all his secondary pitches (eg curve, slider, change up, etc.) to win games, and that's why he had one good outing. Remember that Zito doesn't have a 90-91 mph fastball anymore like he did as a young lad on the A's. He needs to have "good stuff" (eg fastball, curve, change up, slider) working and mix it up, so opposing lineups can't sit on his curve or 83-86 mph meatball, and Giants fans have to watch him do BP in another regular season game like he's done so often the last 5 seasons.

Forget the I told you so stuff and hope he does well, so the Giants can trade him to a big market team willing to pay the remaining portion of his horrible, bloated contract. In addition, I don't advise you listen to homers like Krukow talk about all the lack of run support, because that was not Zito's problem as a Giant (see above).

Edited 4/11/12   by  DrilltheDH
Edited 4/11/12   by  DrilltheDH
  • Reply to this Message
  • 4/11/12
  • RNO13Giants

"Zito has stopped relying on all his secondary pitches (eg curve, slider, change up, etc.) to win games, and that's why he had one good outing."

Explain the 17 ER's and 7.91 ERA in Spring...

• Reply to this Message
  • 4/11/12
  • rcchristan

"<WTF is "hood-winked" anyways? Is that some old tyme saying or something? "

I think it's referring to the famous rainbow unicorn?!!

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4emknb-4VVo

• Reply to this Message