I have a job.

I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes & the government
Distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, in my case,
I am required to pass a random urine test
(with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes
To people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question:
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check
Because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.
I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save
If people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could call the program "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.
Hope you all will pass it along, though.
Something has to change in this country - AND SOON!

P.S. Just a thought, all politicians should have to pass a urine test too!....

They should also have to pass an intelligence test, a common sense test and an understanding the constitution test!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/11
  • jabloomf1230
The rich pizz on the poor enough.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/11
  • cubsball22
So because you're okay taking a urine test, other people should be, too? And random people (politicians) should be forced to, also?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/11
  • jabloomf1230
And what happens when "poor people" fail the test? Would they lose their welfare check? No more Medicaid? I'm glad I don't live in a big city, because if that happened, the big cities would be like Detroit in Robocop.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/11
  • cubsball22
Or Detroit today. Same thing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/11
  • Buckyball

<<Can you imagine how much money each state would save
If people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?>.

You mean, by denying assistance to those who need it? yes, that would save money. until the more expensive social problems that would result come to bear... but hey, far be it from a social conservative to look past tomorrow ;)

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/11
  • TheGhostOfNO1
the poor pizz on the rich enough.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/11
  • wilburkl
You mean, by denying assistance to those who need it?
You don't think it would help some to clean up their act....giving them a check every month just adds to their dependence....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/14/11
  • Nayf

I do not understand how anyone could have a problem with this. If people choose to make the 'lifestyle choice' of drug taking and drinking all day, that's fine, but why should people who actually contribute to society be expected to subsidise this lifestyle choice?

That's the thing about the left, isn't it? It's all rights, no responsibilities. Hilarious to read comments about 'denying assistance to those who need it'. We're talking about people who choose to drink and drug themselves to the point where they can't/won't work, not people who are physically or mentally incapable of work through no fault of their own. Here's a thought - maybe they wouldn't need so much financial assistance if they stopped spending other people's money on their own destructive habits.

I realise addiction is a complex issue but regardless, it's ultimately the addict's responsibility for the situation they find themselves in, it's certainly no fault of the often hard working taxpayer who are expected, by some, to fund the addiction. And maybe the threat of losing benefits for a positive test would be the impetus for some to try to get clean and actually contribute something to society, instead of expecting others to work on their behalf. To me, that is a good thing.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • cubluv4evr

It's your choice to put up with it nobody else is forcing you to work at a place involved in that practice.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • hal137161

"Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?"

The cost of the bureaucracy to set up and to actually perform the tests would cost a lot more than the cost of the checks. But, hey, aren't you guys against more government regualtions??

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • goopygeer
Yo, hal...
How's your cousin 9000?...
Ba-da-bump...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • hal137161
He's retired. Same as me. Before I left, we posted a new name on my office at my last gig, Hal 2.0.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • wilburkl
It would give some people some jobs, so if it cost the same, I would be happy that the people working are getting the money rather than those on drugs....sorry but they need to get clean before they get any money for doing nothing......
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • goopygeer

Good for you...and Hal9000...
I'm retired myself...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • hal137161
I just did it at the end of September at age 68 after 47 years in corp america. Worked in Consulting and Outsourcing with last gig for one of those companies out of India. They were terrible. Got to the point where the 60-70 hour week was not worth it anymore. Still trying to get my new career of retiree under control. Now the only reason why I wake up in the middle of the night is to go to the bathroom.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • wilburkl
That's fine, that is not the only government or state program that costs more than it saves, but at least it gives a few more a job and it makes the people getting welfare clean up their act a little....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • hopsin22

"The rich pizza on the poor enough."

Poor people <piss on themselves.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/15/11
  • jabloomf1230
And where is this utopia you speak of?
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Olt has more home runs than Rizzo with half the at-bats.
Latest by towelieBan - 10:22 AM
CJ Edwards
Latest by AllanOfKaunas - 10:22 AM
True or False
Latest by windangit - 10:20 AM
Almora
Latest by AllanOfKaunas - 10:04 AM
Who are the Koch Bros?
Latest by Danthatman - 9:59 AM
Aramis Ramirez - .872 OPS
Latest by windangit - 9:22 AM
Release Barney and Bring up Chris Valaika