• Welcome Guest
New York Yankees

Welcome to the New York Yankees.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Early... But im lovin Martin
  • To:All
  • 3/31/11
He brings a lot of grit and hustle to the table... some scouts were saying that he got to comfortable in LA and stopped doing the things that made him successfull.
-
I dont care if he hits less that 10 HR, all i want is for him to countinue to hustle and show off his above average athletesism for a Catcher.
-
Good D, Hustle and a decent avg, is all i want.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/31/11
Good D is most important IMO. The Yanks have PLENTY of firepower in the line up. We need a guy behind the dish that blocks everything up, and can keep runner from swiping bases. Hopefully Martin can bring that to the table, with occasional offensive flare.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/31/11
Exactly, timely hitting and a bunch of hustle, by may Montero will be breathing down his neck, Martin knows that any slip up, will lead him to a back up roll...
-
Monty will start raking AAA in May (slow starter)... then he will get a call up and split the catching with Martin
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/31/11
Me too he plays good defense and can hit/run the bases
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/31/11
Defense doesnt go into slumps, and I dont think Montero has shown enough defensively. Now.. if he comes up and just slays the ball at the plate, then defensive flaws can easily be overlooked. As long as Martin is producing defensively, I think we will be fine. It may be another year before we see Montero getting serious playing time at the big league level.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/31/11
Swish is a dork lol RBI
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/31/11
Agreed. I think im going to grow on Martin, liking what I see today.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/31/11

Said this previously. . . .

IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY!

Martin will be the key player on this Team, because of his defensive work behind the plate, don't forget that he has a Gold Glove at catcher.

He will be the team leader behind the plate that leads the SP, (in particular), but also the BP. The pitching staff will have great confidence in him. Just not having to worry about WP/PB and stolen bases will increase their abilities to pitch. He will provide the 'glove work' behind the plate, that will get the pitchers those extra crucial called strikes, (he will AJ's savior), that have been balls for years.

His offense is not his greatest asset; although he will not be a real slouch there either.
He was a Silver Slugger. He will surprise a lot of people, because he has a career high of 21SB, (as a catcher) and has hit 19HR.

The psychological affect on a pitchers of having a CATCHER steal a base on them, (especially at a key point in the game), will be of great benefit to the Yankees.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/31/11

Definite improvement, at least defensively, over Posada for now.

Let's see if he can keep this up the next two months.

• Reply to this Message
Message 467551.10 was deleted
  • 3/31/11
well, when you go from having a dead person behind the plate last year to this year having a GG winner its a big plus.
  • Reply to this Message