• Welcome Guest
Washington Nationals

Welcome to the Washington Nationals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• OT - What would you trade for Stanton?
  • To:All
  • 11/17/12
  • vcunatsfan
Obviously they'd never trade him to anyone in the division but assuming they were open to that who would you be willing to send to Miami for Giancarlo?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/17/12
  • rayD
Morse, Moore, Espinosa and a high prospect.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/17/12
  • DaveBinMD
Of course if you brought him here you've locked Harper into CF long-term with no true lead-off batter in the line-up...

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/17/12
  • dlockfan

I still say Werth is all the leadoff man we need. With a lifetime OBP like has and the fact we're overloaded with middle of the order guys, he should be the leadoff guy.

As for the trade, I would stay pat and not trade for anybody. We're good enough as is to win it all.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/17/12
  • scrapple24

ยป" As for the trade, I would stay pat and not trade for anybody. We're good enough as is to win it all. "

Agree 110%.

98 wins, best record in baseball, with many games lost to injury. I sure wouldn't be tinkering with much.
_____

Here come the Nationals.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/18/12
  • BuckyHarris
Ray- Great minds or wishful thinking? I thought those exact names when I saw the thread before I read your post! Throw in Edwin? :-)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/18/12
  • natspoinnj

Gio Gonzalez cost 4 leading prospects/close to MLB ready players. Expect Stanton would cost *at least* the same, so something like Moore, Goodwin, Purke & Leon would be costly but worth it. The Nationals outfield (Werth-Harper-Stanton) would be set for a long, long time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/18/12
  • rayD
"Throw in Edwin?"
Can't throw him in, he's a free agent. But yes I would throw in an extra pitcher. Lannan if he's still under control (I can't keep track of his status).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/18/12
  • BuckyHarris
The Rabbit is in. In a country minute.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/18/12
  • DaveBinMD

>>"Lannan if he's still under control (I can't keep track of his status)."

Yes, Lannan is still under control, which is why he's expected to be non-tendered since he's due to make another $5m in 2013.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/18/12
  • marhobo
I doubt Loria would trade Stanton to Washington. But there is such a thing as a three team trade. You'd just need to collude with that third team so he doesn't know beforehand. Coming from D.C. that should come naturally.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/18/12
  • 3991slian

> You'd just need to collude with that third team so he doesn't know beforehand.

I don't know that a GM would want to tick off another team's GM like that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/22/12
  • natspoinnj

3-team trades don't work like that. It usually involves Team A acquiring certain prospects from Team B to package with other players for Team C. So each team is actively involved in the process.

For example (purely hypothetical): Washington trades Morse to a Team B (that wants Morse) for 2-3 prospects (desired by Miami in this instance). Washington then packages those 2-3 prospects with 2-3 more prospects from the Nationals stable and trades them all for Stanton.

If Stanton is traded - and I believe Miami should trade him - I suspect that Nolasco will be part of the deal (a serviceable 5th starter for a year - another $$ dump by Miami - and part of the cost of acquiring a young monster in Stanton).

• Reply to this Message