• Welcome Guest
Detroit Tigers

Welcome to the Detroit Tigers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Who still hurts over 2012 WS?
  • To:All
  • 1/15/13
  • scarolina
I do. Every time I think of it, it feels like I just got punched.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • TiggerBounce
I was over it the next day. (sh)it happens.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • mvpdad
This is my first post back from my self exile. I have been reading daily, but not posting. I was so upset and frustrated by the amount of Trolls that came out of the World Series woodwork, I just thought I needed some time off to detox. Since then I have been waiting for the board to settle down and get back to basic baseball. It's been quiet since the last mass banning. So here I am.
I wouldn't say I was hurting over the Series, I wish we could have performed better, but I have high hopes for this year. I've been listening to all the trade rumors, and find none of them adequate. Some I would like to see, some are a bit over the top. Myself, I'd be quite happy to go into the season with what we have, with the single exception of one coaching change. I would like to see them hire Richard Simmons as the infield coach. If the infield loses 60 lbs. our defense will be above average.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Paubranco
knew it wasn't going to happen when JV bleww Game 1. 2006 is another story. that's the one we should've had.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • scarolina
Welcome back. For the moment, not only are we troll free, but there is no infighting going on --- a rarity here! Coach Richard Simmons --- sounds good to me. I wonder if anyone is monitoring their weight during the off-season. If not, the infield could start the season 100 pounds more than when we last saw them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • scarolina
It's the combo of the two that's so painful. Three would be absolutely unbearable.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • baseislife

It was disappointing, but ez to see coming.

We had struggled Vs leftys and they lined up Zito and Bumgardner against us. In their own park. Now in and of itself, with Verlander starting, shouldn't have been a big deal. But our poor showing against southpaws it was like SF had Steve Carlton and Sandy Koufax lined up to face us.

Didn't expect much and that's what I got. We were lackluster (I'm sure they were trying, "that's just baseball") until game four. When we woke up and decided to play some.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • dtownies
I was over it but my football team just lost to SF so I'm pizzed again.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • ToledoFan
*runs away crying*
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • ToledoFan

<I was over it but my football team just lost to SF so I'm pizzed again.>

*cries more*

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • CopaMedium
mvpdad may be a troll. His infield comment was directed at Peralta and Cabrera, who are not overweight. Plus there's no proof losing weight would make Prince a better hitter or fielder. It could have an opposite effect. Prince could see a huge loss of power and make more errors by adding range.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • TiggerBounce

<<<Peralta and Cabrera, who are not overweight.>>>

Looked like they were both suffering from Dunlop's Disease by the end of last season.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • CopaMedium

Edited 1/15/13   by  CopaMedium
Edited 1/15/13   by  CopaMedium
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • TiggerBounce

http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/wp-content/slideshow/2012/10/world-series-head-to-head-position-analysis/medium/World-Series-Miguel-Cabrera.jpg

http://media.mlive.com/tigers_impact/photo/11773073-mmmain.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-p1izlK50hSM/T9nKvMOnS5I/AAAAAAAAAb8/9ZvYwj3xpnA/s1600/jhonny.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jhonny+Peralta+Nlnkyvc5znNm.jpg

Jhonny looked like he lost a couple of pounds from August/September going into the postseason. Still a bit of a spare tire, but not as bad.

<<<Miggy gained weight as the season progressed. But how did the weight gain fail him? His range never changed from April to October. Obviously it never affected his bat, unless the thread-starter here expected a .400 AVG season.>>>

There's more to baseball than performance at the plate, contrary to modern-day opinion. A few less pounds would help Miggy move more quickly on defense. Ya know that "range" thing we're always blaming Jhonny for?

Fortunately Miggy, Jhonny, and Alex have been working out together in Florida this winter.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • rklewis2

<<mvpdad may be a troll. >>

He's not a troll.

I think the definition of "troll" needs to be addressed.

To me, a troll is a fan from another franchise, whose only purpose in posting here is to "rub it in" (as we saw after the WS), or insult the club and/or fan base.

I just don't see common fan frustration with the teams' play being troll behavior. If it is, then the only person who posts here that isn't a troll is Meat.

And I just can't accept that, because, in a way, he's troll-like with any fan that gets frustrated with the team performance at various points throughout the season. But I don't consider him a troll, either.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • mvpdad
Thank you for defending me rk-2. I was going to post something, but chose not to defend myself from such an obvious attempt at "baiting". If you read my original post I mentioned I was coming back from a self imposed exile due to frustrations over the WS troll situation. So naturally this "rmsj" immediately attacks me as a troll. That simply reinforces my feelings of frustration over the quality of posters on this board.
The vast majority of posters here are very knowledgeable, and gracious. I have been reading this board for many years, but just started posting a couple years ago. People like "rmsj" are the reason I waited so long to post. I've witnessed many posters with low post counts be attacked by "rmsj's" for no particular reason. We've lost a lot of good people, I will not be one of them. I've read the other boards and feel this is the best ML message board out there. Fans from other teams boards affirm this every year.
It's a sad state of affairs that we have to deal with this on a daily basis. I guess it's the price we pay for the advantage of the internet. I have been a baseball fan since the early 50's, and I've learned more about the game in the last 8 years from you folks, then I've learned in the previous 60 years. Thank you all for sharing your expertise and love of the game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • baseislife
Nice post......I was gonna defend ya too. :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • CopaMedium

When you discussed exile and when you discussed Richard Simmons, I had reservations you were a true Tigers fan.

I posted evidence Simmons was not needed for Peralta and Cabrera.
He may not be the best advice for Prince Fielder. We simply don't know the opposite-effect on Prince.

Your future posts will outline your Tigers interest. I look forward to reading your comments.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Mr Wert
I agree. We were so overmatched right out of the box in this year's WS I wasn't surprised we got swept. Those Sandoval HRs saifd it all. We had no chance. I think the '06 loss bothers me more even today.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
2014 MLB Video Of The Day
Latest by CopaMedium - 6:58 AM
Elsewhere (Scoreboard Watching)
Latest by curtis789 - 1:31 AM
The official Fantasy Baseball Vent Page
Latest by OrdealByFire - 1:17 AM
Early Offensive Stats
Latest by TigerCanuck - 12:36 AM
Zach Miner
Latest by baseislife - Apr-15