• Welcome Guest
Pittsburgh Pirates

Welcome to the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• DFA Nate McLouth immediately
  • To:All
  • 5/13/12
  • rockfour
He looked at three straight strikes with the winning run on 2nd. Absolutely pathetic. This offense needs to be sent a message, and he is as good (or bad) as anybody to do it with.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/13/12
  • GolfingBucco
On this team its hard to single anyone out as an offensive liability against the rest of the team, that is why McLouth should be gone, its easy to single him out, even on this team of stiffs and underachievers. Cut him a check, put him on a plane, today it was very clear either his talent or his head aren't major league caliber anymore.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/13/12
  • Red_Skully
I was so hoping to see the Nate McLouth of old re-emerge. I see a guy who is too tentative at the plate to make any real impact in the forseeable future. Mentally, he's already quit the game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/13/12
  • daMLBdood
he is a joke, i agree
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/14/12
  • jaynestown

Good thinking, let's send em a message...what message is that exactly again?

Oh no Nate went down to the minors, guess the point is to actually hit the ball in the Major Leagues. Message heard loud and clear, good thing they made that move.

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/20/12
  • rockfour

Nate McLouth - .143 AVG/.213 OBP/.179 SLG/.392 OPS

No home runs, just 2 RBI's. He strikes out 32% of the time, so he strikes out like a power hitter, but unfortunately he doesn't do anything else like a power hitter.

He is so pathetic that he is the only player in the league this year that makes Clint Barmes look half-decent.

Why is Nate McLouth still on this team?

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/20/12
  • CeciltheDiesel

He does need to be gone. Feel bad for any guy who goes out like this. But it's done.

c

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/20/12
  • baseball4ever64
This guy is just an ABSOLUTE joke. We continue to struggle offensively, you have Sterling Marte and Matt Hague just waiting to be called up and this stiff McLouth is still on the roster? SERIOUSLY?????!!!???? GET RID OF HIM, HE IS GOD-AWFUL
Edited 5/20/12   by  baseball4ever64
  • Reply to this Message
Message 62637.9 was deleted
  • 5/20/12
  • CeciltheDiesel

I don't know about "just waiting to be called up," but yeah... those guys and Mercer aren't exactly being blocked by anything except terrible signings

c

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/20/12
  • baseball4ever64
LOL, ain't it the truth.....BTW, no matter he says, Bautista had a little help from some meds known as steroids. Don't tell me a guy who never hit more than 13 hrs in his career suddenly "found himself"? What a joke.....
  • Reply to this Message
Message 62637.12 was deleted
  • 5/20/12
  • baseball4ever64
When I say "just waiting" I mean they are ready, MLB ready. GET RID OF MCLOUTH! Or sign my 12 yr old, he can stand up there and watch 3 strikes go by and I wouldn't have to work because he would get paid mightily to do it.
Edited 5/20/12   by  baseball4ever64
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/20/12
  • glassers
Yep I also hate to see it but he needs to get on with his life's work .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/20/12
  • CeciltheDiesel

As do we all, buddy. Time to hit the gym for me.

c

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/20/12
  • baseball4ever64
Couldn't agree more.....Today's "performance" HAS TO SEAL HIS FATE AND HIS TICKET OUT OF HERE. NO baseball person could rationalize keeping this POS on the roster....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/20/12
  • 4htr
Even Wehner said on the 2-0 count that the strike Nat took was the best pitch he was going to see and the bat stayed on his shoulder. Nat has no punch and can barely make it out of the infield when he manages to make contact.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 5/20/12
  • vandybuc

Nate is a good guy, far from a POS.

But yes it is time for Nate to go..

• Reply to this Message
Message 62637.19 was deleted
  • 5/20/12
  • rockfour
According to the pitch tracker, the 2-0 strike was about as right down the middle as a pitch gets. If we were down by more than 1 run, I could understand trying to work the walk. But when you're the tying run at the plate in the 9th, there is no reason not to swing at that pitch to try to get at least a double. Absolutely inexcusable.
  • Reply to this Message