• Welcome Guest
Major League Baseball

Welcome to the Major League Baseball.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Adrian beltre out with a torn testicle
  • To:All
  • 8/13/09
  • pzero

"This is no laughing matter, despite the jokes that will inevitably fly after news of this breaks. It turns out that Mariners third baseman Adrian Beltre injured his testicle last night after a groundball took a bad hop and hit him in the groin area. No, he does not wear a protective cup.

There was some tearing of the testicle and apparently is some internal bleeding in there. The team is going to wait a bit to see whether he requires surgery. If the surgery was to take place, he would need a month's recovery time. If there's no surgery, he'd need about 10 days to two weeks.

Josh Wilson has been activated for now. We're still waiting to see how severe Jack Wilson's hamstring injury is. There's a Grade 1 tear in that, but the team is still deliberating whether or not to keep him active. We should know before gametime, but he's going to miss at least a few days.

Back to Beltre, he was hurt on a hard grounder that kicked off to his right in the eighth inning.

"It hurt pretty bad,'' he said. "It was hurting me pretty much the whole game after that.''

Told that some were suggesting he was brave for staying in the game, he quipped:

"I don't know about brave. Maybe stupid.''

Beltre has an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow to discuss whether he needs an operation.

"It's a shame,'' Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik told me moments ago. "You hate to see something like this happen, but your first thoughts have to be about the player. You want him to make a complete recovery.''"

• Reply to this Message
Messages 93302.2 through 93302.3 were deleted
  • 8/13/09
  • pzero
Especially when playing the hot corner.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 93302.5 was deleted
  • 8/13/09
  • pzero
I couldn't imagine the pain he must of been in.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 93302.7 through 93302.8 were deleted
  • 8/13/09
  • the_phaith
I always wore a cup playing baseball. After this story, I'll be wearing one 24/7/365.25
  • Reply to this Message
Message 93302.10 was deleted
  • 8/13/09
  • southpawed
In college, I saw a catcher blocking the plate who took the runner's cletes right in the groin. His cup wasn't fitting right, and moved around sometimes. His scro.tum was ripped. No damage to his balls, but he was out for five weeks. Ouch!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 8/14/09
  • pzero
That had to of hurt.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 93302.13 through 93302.14 were deleted
  • 8/14/09
  • KingNegus
This is why you should spend every day and cherish your time with your junk because you never know how long you might have.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 93302.16 through 93302.17 were deleted
  • 8/14/09
  • TakingDawn
Holy mother of God, just reading it makes me cringe......OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
  • Reply to this Message
Message 93302.19 was deleted
  • 8/14/09
  • TakingDawn
LOL
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Nirvana Hall of Fame Induction
Latest by RobertoClemente21 - 5:37 AM
Do you like Sabermetrics?
Latest by Ortiz34Fan - 2:48 AM
2014 Game Day Thread