• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• DUDA = 0-7 WITH 6 STRIKEOUTS ALREADY
  • To:All
  • 2/24/13
  • thegoldenboy
Nothings changed I see and he's supposed to be our best OF that's starting??? LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • bbjmparis
He's alrready in mid-season form.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Try the Yankees.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • KLake409
So if he hits 3HRs tomorrow then he's Babe Ruth?

Edited 2/25/13   by  KLake409
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • nutz4pugs

As I stated on another thread, he is very tough to watch right now. Something HAS to improve markedly, either his fielding or hitting, before he becomes of any value to this team or some other team. Right now, he couldn't get a job as a DH.

That's scary bad.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • KLake409
If he eventually becomes a legit power hitter then it will be worth it
if not then he wil be gone in 2014, since they aren't going to be contending this season they
have time to give him a real chance (a full season) this year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • tflow27
lol is this thread serious? 7 at bats into spring training and we're already saying Duda is doomed? or are we just looking for something to complain about already? what a joke
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • nutz4pugs

He's *supposed* to be someone we can count on to drive in runs too, not just hit for power, from either the 5 or 6 slot. But right now with all these swings and misses, well, nothing good comes out of swings and misses.

But I'm with you, give him a full year to see what they've got.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • kraneguy
Spring training means nothing..say hello to hr champ Butch Huskey next time you see him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • frank2475
OK, so I wouldn;t expect you to post anything positive about any Met player who has a good spring, correct? Spring training means nothing as far as wins and losses, it means a lot to players who are trying to prove themselves and make teams. If Duda was a great player then I wouldn't worry. But the fact is he is not a very good player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • MetObserver
You know that he is not going to be a star so why would you be upset if he starts the season(ST) slow?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • frank2475
I see many posts on the board about players who are looking impressive after 2 spriong games. However, when someone is not doing weel it doesn't matter because it is spring training. Which is it?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • METMAINEAC
Exactly. Dont you know Wilmer Flores will be 2013 MVP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • MetObserver

It is both. Players fighting for a spot on the team are going all out to impress. While players that have a spot may be working on specific parts of their game.

So some doing well can be praised and others not doing as well we can be patient with. Wright has had 3 abs and no hits and, other than the few idiots that hate him, no one is bashing him.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548587.15 was deleted
  • 2/25/13
  • frank2475
Exactly, that's the same point I made earlier. I put Duda in the category of needing to impress or at least not implode.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • miketodd9
He's Adam Dunn without the power or OBP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/25/13
  • agbayani50
Does it concern anyone else that TC has said he's the only one who actually has a job?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548587.19 was deleted
  • 2/25/13
  • pt1028
Good strategy by Duda - he's getting his strikeouts out of the way in spring training.
  • Reply to this Message