• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• CHINA ATTACKS AMERICA
  • To:All
  • 2/19/13
  • marvelousmarvin

We are under attack, yet we yawn. Mandiant issued a blistering report of over 100 instances of cyber-espionage involving hacking into IT systems of some of the biggest companies in America. These attacks were traced by Mandiant to a top secret office of the Peoples Liberation Army Unit 61398. That's the Chinese army, folks.

If the attacks had involved bombs and blood, we'd be at war. The sanitized attacks on data, trade secrets and military information is shrugged off with calls for better security. It's time we recognized China as more than a competitor and prepared ourselves accordingly. I'm not suggesting military action, but let's call an enemy for what they are. It's time to stop enriching the Chinese by nilly willy buying their goods because they are cheap. There has to be a sober consequence to their cyber-aggression. We must consider this a wake up call of the highest degree. Cyber terrorism and cyber theft are both criminal acts. State sponsored cyber theft is what is expected of Iran or North Korea. Regrettably, China is no better.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • TheObsoleteMan
We give them most of our technology every time a western corporation invests there. A lot of our defense systems rely on Chinese produced parts. Gerald Celente says currency wars, trade wars, then world war. Where are we gonna get our stuff?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • gilforhof

I've seen the same thing in the news all day. I doubt we'll do anything except "express outrage" yada yada yada. What it is, is basically cyber war. Don't know if you've ever seen that commercial/ad piece on TV where the Chinese speaker talks about the democracies forgoing their principles and they were now working for the Chinese. We may be well on our way to that.

If we were capable of beefing up our cyber security, I think we would have done it by now. American companies, the American government, and most of all, the American people better get their heads out of their 4th point of contact and wake up and smell the coffee.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Where did we get our stuff before Wal-Mart made a pact with the devil?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Another reason to start getting our financial house in order.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • TheObsoleteMan
Japan?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • 69forever
Does anyone think, for even a minute, that we aren't doing the same thing to them? And other countries? The Cold War did not end with the fall of the wall. It takes many forms.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • Danthatman
And yet, you voted for Obama.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • Danthatman
Good luck with that. Harry Reid. LOL.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • Danthatman
How would you know?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...who did danallrighty vote for?...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • Kranesback
Romney was very big on shipping jobs overseas...he probably has a lot to do with fostering tehcnological compatibility which makes these cyber attacks easier...in fact, he probably sees an opportunity in cybersecurities companies that he can wreck.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • marvelousmarvin

I honestly believe we are not trying to infiltrate foreign corporations to steal trade secrets. Infiltrating the Iranian nuclear system, yes. But we are not in a slow burn war with China as were are with Iran, especially regarding the fight against terrorism

It sounds like you are condoning these types of Chinese cyber attacks.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • marvelousmarvin
The Bushes were amongst the biggest friends of the Chinese. Your comment is foolish. It has nothing to do with Obama. It has everything to do with containing a country with little scruples and who finances our government. So I guess if you want to raise Obama, you can that Shrub for the borrowing from two wars that he didn't have the guts to ask the American people to pay for with a tax surcharge and two tax cuts that were put on the credit card.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Puppets don't vote.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • 69forever

***It sounds like you are condoning these types of Chinese cyber attacks. ***

Really? Not sure how you drew that conclusion since I said nothing like that. But Russia, Israel, France, and other nations have all been implicated in cyber espionage incidents. Last year the French accused the U.S. of cyber-hacking Sarkozy's office. I'm not saying it's justified, I'm saying it's commonplace now. The U.S. HAS the trade secrets, which is why other countries are after them. We need to protect ourselves better while appropriately condemning the attacks. But it's not exactly a Pearl Harbor, "day of infamy" moment when we're involved in shenanigans of our own. And given that China holds our mortgage, we might want to refrain declaring DEFCON 1 and launching the ICBMs at Beijing just yet.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • Mort2112
Well it will be hard to collect on that mortgage if we light em up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • 69forever
I have had similar thoughts about my own mortgage company.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • Mort2112
LOL, I have my mortgage with a local credit union. I have no problem with them.
  • Reply to this Message