• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Travis d'Arnaud question
  • To:All
  • 2/17/13
  • g3026
Hello, white sox fan here.....just had a question. I play fantasy baseball and was looking to get a minor league player that might make the ML roster out of ST before we do our player auction in the next couple weeks. After searching many top prospects, I've come down to Travis being the minor league player that has the best chance of reaching the majors quicker then the other NL prospects. Si, I've come here to ask you guys..... Do you guys think that Travis will supplant Buck out of ST for the catchers position? Or have you guys in NY heard that he"s destined for AAA?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • LiveWire13

Just went live with this. Hopefully it gives you some insight.
http://mets360.com/?p=14890

Mike

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • kaztast1c

He will start the year in AAA. We want as many years of service that we can get out of him before he reaches free agency, the Mets won't start the clock on his MLB service time until about 2 months into the season

see: Trout, Mike

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • JoseJose
Something about his contract dictates he won't start for a few weeks to a month in at a minimum. I forget the exact length.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • 86mex17
Going to AAA He'll be starting in June or July for the big club
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548404.6 was deleted
  • 2/17/13
  • 4545_ajd
Not out of Spring Training but he will probably be up within the first 4-6 weeks of the season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/17/13
  • g3026

Thanks, for the info and quick response, I appreciate it.

That's still an early call up expected, thats good enough for me.

Thanks,

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • bmcneely
My guess is July at ASB they will come up together him and Wheeler when Marcrum and Buck are traded.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • 86mex17
Maybe marcum, don't think buck
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • bmcneely
If the catching market remains this thin by All star break Yankees or Rays or anyone in the race could have an injury and over pay just to get a decent Catcher and we could finally get one of our OF prospects we are lacking at AAA I don't want a 5 year prospect like Nimmo I mean a guy at AAA that is ready to come up and play. You never know crazier things have happened.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • Melo15nym

"My guess is July at ASB they will come up together him and Wheeler when Marcrum and Buck are traded."

He'll be way up earlier than that. Were talking beginning of May.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • bmcneely
I'll believe it when I see it. A lot can happen between now and May let's hope he doesn't move any furniture any time soon.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • 86mex17
I just don't think well get back much. I think buck can mentor tda
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • gomets66

I think it is only 20 days or 20 games?>>>>

that sounds about right to get the extra year.
to avoid super 2 and potentially paying him millions extra in arbitration, its now an early to mid june callup. that isnt something that should be a concern though according to the owners.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • JoseJose

"that isnt something that should be a concern though according to the owners."

Did Fred say that before or after he sold a couple of bridges?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • 86mex17
I didn't say it couldn't and wouldn't happen. I just don't think the return isnt worth th the value of a veteran catcher mentoring him

Edited 2/19/13   by  86mex17
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • jsmet
He will be up in May.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • GoMets6986
Agreed. I would like to see us keep Buck as the backup when Travis is called up.
  • Reply to this Message