• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Trade for McCutchen
  • 2/16/13
  • kaztast1c
One day later the Pirates GM would be fired.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • krlnd
I bet the Pirates want to keep the crown jewel of their team. He is a legit MVP candidate every year, so trading for him is easier said than done.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Metsbert
I don't think it would take that long!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548383.5 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • thebobymon

Lets play.

Would you trade Wheeler for McCutchen if we could extend him?

Past his present contract.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548383.7 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • TheGMan47
No, you can't make the playoffs without pitching. Our rotation in 2014 would be Harvey, Niese, Gee, and then two question marks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • kinerskrnr
The Pirates have a lot of pitching about to come up to the majors. They're in a relatively similar position as us, so I don't think they're going to think about trading him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Kranesback
That's probably about what it would take. Anybody who thinks we could get him straight up for Wheeler is living in a fantasy world.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver
Not to mention that he is under a team friendly contract until 2018 so it would be easier to trade for Stanton right now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • sheadro
If you can trade Wheeler for McCutchen, that's a no brainer. We have a lot of quailty pitching depth in organization and could find arms else where, but a 26 year old, actual 5 tool, star centerfielder is much tougher to find. It's moot anyway. The Bucs will not trade him

Edited 2/16/13   by  sheadro
Edited 2/16/13   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Gepett0

so for a minute, lets ignore that the bucs would never trade mccutchen who no one here seems to realize is already extended until following his age 30 season w/ a reasonable team option for his age 31 season, meaning they have him under control for the next 6 seasons where the most he would earn is 14.75 mil

given his team friendly contract, it would likely take a package of something like:

harvey, wheeler, flores, & nimmo before they would even start to consider it....and frankly i dont even know if that gets it done if you dont include tda....i think harvey wheeler tda & nimmo would really be what theyd ask for...

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Gepett0
it would take alot more than that....duda has no value at all to another national league team...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Kranesback
Good point
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • TheGMan47
Other than Wheeler we do not have many pitchers in the upper levels of our organization. Most of our pitchers like Fulmer, Syndergaard, and Montero are in A ball. With Wheeler we can contend in 2014 without him it will be delayed a year or two.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548383.17 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • Gepett0

but they have him signed to the a cheap extension...

they decided to try to CHANGE that perception of their franchise by giving him that contract...that was the whole point ...they don't have to worry about paying him bc they already took care of that....if they are going to trade him they will want a minimum of 3 top 100 prospects w/ 2 at least top 25 prospects but id assume theyd rather start w/ a guy like harvey

id be shocked if we got him for anything less than harvey wheeler tda & nimmo truthfully

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver
If they didn't want to keep him they wouldn't have signed him through 2018. First chance anyone gets him is at the trading deadline in 2018 until then he is a Pirate.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 548383.20 through 548383.21 were deleted