• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Marlon Byrd
  • To:All
  • 2/16/13
  • nym698641
So according to Marlon Byrd the drug he was accused of taking Tamoxifen is used to combat gynecomastia (an enlargement of breasts in males). well we might not have a very good outfield, but at least it will look good in a swimsuit.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548382.2 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • thebobymon
Mmmmmm...Marlon "Melons" Byrd.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548382.4 was deleted
  • To:All
  • 2/16/13
  • marvelousmarvin

Byrd is not coming clean but he says he's an idiot for getting caught taking Tamoxifen. Tamoxifen is a chemo drug given to breast cancer survivors to reduce estrogen levels where the cancer cells were shown to be estrogen sensitive (stimulates growth). Now Byrd talks about breast enlargement. Ha! Why enlarged?...because of steroid use, you idiot! Steroids increase estrogen levels and tamoxifen reduces it. It also reduces related water retention.

Byrd should have come clean. Instead, he gives a half truth...talking about seemingly innocent Tamoxifen without talking about why he need to take it...to offset the roids. We don't need any cheats, especially those without the guts to come clean.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • jsmet
Hopefully he will be no worse then Torres
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver
I thought players were looking to increase Testosterone to increase muscle mass not Estrogen. How does the increase in that help athletes? Better at crying at press conferences?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • krlnd

Great post, Marv.

It cracks me up all these flimsy excuses PED users come up with. Manny Ramirez gave similar lame excuses when he was caught taking hCG.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • marvelousmarvin
The estrogen is a by product of the steroid muscle building process. It's why A-Rods balls turned into peanuts and why some guys grow breasts..
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548382.10 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Oh, please, you are smarter than that. The mystery lotion was just a treatment for Sheff's aches and pains. So Byrd magically grew breasts? Too much soy bean intake?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • krlnd

Jim, speaking of smoke screens a good analogy is seen across college campuses every day. Kids are telling the truth when they say they burned incense, but of course it's to cover the smell from all the joints they just smoked.

Marv is correct, Byrd is telling a half-truth.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548382.13 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • thebobymon
I had heard that somewhere.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • marvelousmarvin
I would say his statement was factual, but not truthful because breast enlargement in males is a by product of steroid use. No need to bet as Byrd already admitted to using an illegal substance, just perhaps not all of them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • murphstates
I hope he's still on the juice because if he needed it to put up his normal production I shudder to think what he'll do without it. Plus if he's on the juice he can put on a blond wig and chase Wright around the infield.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548382.17 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • hammr1952
my wife was diagnosed in 2009 with ncis... stage zero... the dr recomended this tamoxofin.
the side effect were God awful..... after research my wife decided against it.... so far so good.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • marvelousmarvin
The next Anna Benson!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Believe what you want.
  • Reply to this Message