New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The Mets can do no wrong
  • To:All
  • 2/16/13
  • Deadtrek

For the ultra believers:

Does it bother you that at least 40% ( and i believe this total to be higher ) thinks that every word out of Wilpon's mouth is a lie? ( I am not asking if YOU believe it -- but if the fanbase does what does it mean to you? )

Did it bother you -- AFTER all the significant FO's were signed , Mr Wilpon says -- failure to approve the outfield was all Sandy's fault -- he had no limits?? ( I am questioning the timing here -- he did not make those remarks in December )

Does it bother you the Mets have to wait until next year , before this year even started???

• Reply to this Message
Message 548379.2 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • 86kid

I don't think Bourn was about Fred limiting Sandy. I think it was about Sandy feeling like that 5th year wasn't wise. Frankly I don't think anything in the 3-5 year range would have been wise for Bourn, but that's me. I wasn't that high on him to begin with.

As for what the fans do or don't believe from Fred's mouth.. I think it's safe to assume the majority don't have faith in everything he says - which a bit different than saying he's an out & out liar. But generally speaking, Fred's got a long way to go before fans totally trust him to own this franchise - including me.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • fargol

"Does it bother you the Mets have to wait until next year , before this year even started???"

Lots of things bother me. Usually it's the kind of things that actually impact my life, and/or I can do something about.

Baseball is a spectator sport, and as such, I spectate. I think about it, of course, but whether I or others think the Mets will stink in the upcoming season isn't something I worry and fret over.

Got way too many other things to worry and fret over.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • elsid1986

*Fred better start giving Sandy more freedom when it comes to spending*

Or what? There will those here who will still believe the nonsense Fred and Sandy spew about having financial resourses and flexibility. If they dont spend next year the payroll will be in the 60's and there will be some here that still defend them.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • fargol

" There will those here who will still believe the nonsense Fred and Sandy spew about having financial resourses and flexibility."

So? Why is that such a bad thing?

"If they dont spend next year the payroll will be in the 60's and there will be some here that still defend them. "
No one defends them. No one thinks they're good owners.

What you call "defending them" is really just people discussing something and not calling the owners every name in the book, and accusing them of being the cause for all the world's ills.

</hyperbole>

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • elsid1986

*I think it was about Sandy feeling like that 5th year wasn't wise*

Well that appears to be how Sandy feels about every one. The three top free agent outfielders next year are all represented by Boras. He got Bourne a vesting 5th year you know he wont settle for less for the others. And Sandy won't give it. So where will that leave the Mets?

• Reply to this Message
Message 548379.8 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • fargol

"Nobody defends them. "

It's hilarious how some people up here get so bent out of shape when they think someone is defending the Wilpons.

I think they get more angry about that then the owners themselves. It all boils down to some people just hating it when others don't think the way they do.

The same when people post things like "Collins is an idiot!" when TC makes a move they don't agree with.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Deadtrek

"I think it was about Sandy feeling like that 5th year wasn't wise."

I bet a 35 year old Bourn would still be starter on this years team...

Bad teams cant be wise all the time -- they do have to over pay to get top talent to join the organization - The Nationals did it with Werth , it payed off.

Why would any top free agent be the first to join the Mets ( unless they get extra for it .. )

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • elsid1986

OK maybe defends was the wrong word. But people here do believe them. Look at all the posts earliers this week when Fred said they have their finances are better. Some here were taking it as gospel simply because he said it.

Like I said. I don't believe a word the man says

• Reply to this Message
Message 548379.12 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • JoseJose
There are some on here that seem to have to defend every move this FO makes. The kids will overachieve, this guy wanted too much, yadda yadda. I don't believe they were ever serious about Bourne, I posted from day 1 they would not get him. They are cost cutting only to preserve Fred's ownership which he can't afford now that he isn't involved in any Ponzis.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • piazza5715
Except for a seaon here and there spending has done nothing for the Mets. Bonilla,Saberhagen,Viola,Mo Vaughn,Pedro,Bay,Beltran,Santana,Hampton and a host of others haven't raised 1 world series trophy. Keep in mind the expansion no spending Rays have been to as many world series as the Mets in that time period. Spending means nothong in baseball if you don't have a plan. We spent like idiots for years with little to no results. The fans way hasn't worked so relax and lets try a different approach.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Deadtrek
There were people on this board - AFTER Bourn signed with the Indians ,, thought a trade FOR him was going to happen... it was mind boggling.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • bbyjean616

There are some on here that seem to have to defend every move this FO makes. The kids will overachieve, this guy wanted too much, yadda yadda. I don't believe they were ever serious about Bourne, I posted from day 1 they would not get him. They are cost cutting only to preserve Fred's ownership which he can't afford now that he isn't involved in any Ponzis."

yes we keep hearing the same people tell us how much they hate the Wilpons but Im an idiot because I think they're some of sports worst owners. They despise ownership but Im exagerating that they're broke and lying about it......... again. For three years they have done nothing to improve this team. Trading your Cy Young winner is NOT improving the team with any plan. Its getting rid of a TOP talent for some young, much cheaper, PROSPECTS and HOPE for the best. The plan... keeping a 30 year old 3rd baseman who has fallen apart in the face of the clutch countless times while trading a CY YOUNG pitcher. If we're rebuilding, than they BOTH should have went. It made zero sense to keep one and not the other but you'll hear the defesne of "Dickey is just old"....... with an ERA that has been under 3 and DROPPING for THREE YEARS. Okay rant over..... but its mind boggeling as this team sinks to new lows and lies, what people are saying to defend them

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Deadtrek
" different approach" With raised ticket prices ....
In a sport with no salary cap , doesn't it bother you that a New York team has to be run like they were from Kansas City??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • JoseJose
I hear you. Any argument for the Dickey trade is of course against the Wright signing, but the defenders will defend the Wright deal AND the Dickey trade, then say "we don't defend everything the FO does. I can't wait for it when, historically and against all odds, all the young players we have become major mlb contributors. Of course even if that does happen, under Fred they will have to be dealt for NEW prospects because he won't spend to keep them! Yes, the Kansas City Mets are here. The fact that people are posting in defense of that most disingenuous, despicable speech imaginable that Fred just gave, shows you how sadly devoid of the capacity to criticize the FO some fans have become.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver

The idiot OP is just posting to cause a fight and thinks this would be the way to do it. He thinks there are dozens on here that will jump to the defense of the owners.

And he doesn't even know the difference between the FO and a FA. Hilarious to say the least. And the least is exactly what I think of his trolling post.

Edited 2/16/13   by  MetObserver
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • thebobymon
I believe that winning fixes everything. (sports related)

Edited 2/16/13   by  thebobymon
  • Reply to this Message