• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• man collins is the worst
  • To:All
  • 2/7/13
  • corduroy1

cant wait till this clown is gone, hes a complete schill. at least alderson is honest about the players, collins would have you believe every one of these guys is an all star, or that he still thinks the mets are playing well after losing 20 in a row.

β€œHe is the closer. We saw last year when he is right, he is good. … He is in the right frame of mind.’’

how bout challenging francisco? how bout saying something like "he was good at times last year but he has alot to prove this year. if he wants to be the full time closer he needs to pitch and act like it from day 1. i believe he can do it"

but no, we get the same ole collins rah rah bs.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • RobfromLI

"When he is right, he is good"

How on earth is that calling him an All Star?

• Reply to this Message
Message 548156.3 was deleted
  • 2/7/13
  • stearnsy12

mark it: February 7th,2013 at 7:47 AM on a Thursday morning

let the ranting and whining begin

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Oldfan
Most managers who criticize their players, aren't managers very long.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • mysticpiazza

+1. Why would he say in February that Francisco's out as closer? Why send the guy heading into the new season with the message that you don't want him around? How about we get a look at the guy in ST and a few games first? He did have injury issues last year, and since you're paying him anyway you might as well send him the message that it's a new year and you have faith in him. Then, if it doesn't work out, you demote him.

Absolutely, 100% the correct move on Terry's part.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • MetObserver
You have to understand that the OP has a different view of things from behind that clown's mouth taking orders and asking if you want to super size things. He has always shown a deep understanding of how do things the right way. You should see how he decorated his Mom's basement. You can hardly see the furnace from his bed anymore.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • johnyringo

How about we put him on notice that if he underperforms in his job again there will be consequence?

This is how it works in the whole world...except for 4-6 years olds who sometimes need constant positive reinforment for learning to continue

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • johnyringo
You nailed it what u said was perfect
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • alfolerud
Collins is cognitively impaired. Have you seen him speak? He doesn't sound like he stepped foot into a 7th grade English class. Where do we find these inarticulate cretins?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • alfolerud
All of the koolaiders don't want the players held accountable for poor performance but they want the fans held accountable for booing Bay? You can't make this stuff up. I don't know how it's possible for anyone to actually feel that way. This is why most lucid people suspect the koolaiders of being on the Wilpon dole.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • bbjmparis
He knows he was hired to be fired. All managers are. Easy scapegoat for the GM. How can you say he underperformed? He overperformed the entire first half of the season. Way overperformed. Maybe the team underperformed a little the second half, a little, but it was mostly a case of its finding its own level. I thought we'd lose 90 in 2011. We lost 88, so he pretty much was on the mark.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • 86kid

What Collins says in public, might often be fairly different from what he says in private.

I generally have no problem with Collins. Yeah, his "rah-rah" can seem a bit over the top sometimes, but everyone has their own way of doing things and I can't say his is bad.

This might be a very important year for Collins though, because as Sandy is looking to make a big step forward in 2014, he must decided this season if Collins is the guy to take this group to the next level of their development.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • alfolerud
Collins is the right guy to pick up a Hooked On Phonics tape.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • MetObserver
How would you know what is being taught in a grade that you haven't reached yet?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • alfolerud
What a koolaider! You're offended that I have something negative to say about Collins? You are trolling hard today.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • MetObserver
That was something to say? I read it as an attack just like the ones you like to defend yourself from. But go right ahead and attack someone you have never met nor know anything about. Guess that is your right because you are so smart and without flaws. Would you rather go back to our last manager, Mr. Gangsta? Or maybe Willie? No pile on a manager who by your words was given the worst team in the league to work with yet at least had them overachieving during the first half of last season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/7/13
  • nutz4pugs

Thank goodness we have the OP. I was getting a little optimistic and coming out of my Met-induced doldrums with news of Bourne and all the good prospects.

He, at least, gets me back on my Prozac and Xanax regimen.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • MetObserver
A regimen that he may benefit in trying.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • bbjmparis
MetObserver never has anything even remotely critical to say about anyone or anything on the Mets from the Wilpons on down. To listen to him you'd think we won the WS 4 years in a row instead of finishing 4th. That's fine, he can rah-rah all he wants to, but he won't stop there. He trashes anyone who has even a shred of reality. He thinks he's clever. He's not.
  • Reply to this Message