• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Bobby V was a great manager
  • To:All
  • 2/6/13
  • alfolerud
He stood up to the front office and was critical of poorly performing players. I have no doubt that the Wilpons fired him because he believed in accountability.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • MetObserver
There you go making stupid statements again. Note how well he did in Boston.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/6/13
  • piazzaspstache
Bobby V is a good guy, but a mediocre manger. He loves baseball and has personality - I'll give him that. His problem - as a manager - is he thinks it's all about him. His ego is bigger than Citifield. He needs to bring the fences in inside his skull. Jim Leyland he is not.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • alfolerud
You probably just don't like him because he was critical of the Mets for not signing Ichiro and letting Olerud go back to Seattle.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • MetObserver
What? I just don't care for Bobby V as a manager. So don't go getting all analytic about it. Because there is no way you know what I am thinking.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • ExileMetsFan
I don't like him because he was a $hitty manager.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • 86kid
I don't think Bobby V is nearly as smart and funny as he thinks he is. I found him to be a somewhat arrogant and obnoxious goof, who for the most part over-manages. I think he over-thinks and out-thinks himself many times. I was glad when we finally parted ways with him, and I have zero desire to see him ever return to Queens.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 548143.8 through 548143.10 were deleted
  • 2/7/13
  • UnderDogs

Casey Stengall was once asked, "Casey what do you attribute your success as a manager to?" Casey replied, "simple. I keep the half of the team that hates me away from the half that hasn't decided yet."

That should answer why Booby V is out of a job. Ozzie Guillen too for that matter.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • metman79
I couldn't stand the guy
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...so this explains why you're a defeatist...boooooby could never win at a major league level...
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 548143.14 through 548143.15 were deleted
  • 2/7/13
  • Bowser

overachieved? LOL, he didnt win a championship. plus you act like he didnt have any good players.
Piazza in his prime ( the real reason why the team went to the playoffs back to back years.NOT Bobby V!)
Olerud, Alfonzo, Ventura. Piazza carried this team on his back. They wouldnt have even made the playoffs either of those years without Piazza, that is a fact. You dont have a clue

What about the 2006 2007 players, they had arguably better players on those teams but still only made the playoffs once.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548143.17 was deleted
  • 2/7/13
  • kaztast1c

Kenny Rogers, Ball Four.

Nuff said.

Although the fact you made this thread affirms my opinion that Booby V couldn't overmanage his way out of a wet paper bag.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 548143.19 through 548143.20 were deleted