• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Ike interview with francessa
  • To:All
  • 2/5/13
  • goetzcougar34
All it did for me was like the guy more. He seems so down to earth and talked about goals etc as if if he wasn't trying to be politically correct. As if he was just talking with a friend. We like Ike!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • lllfxlll
mike would not let this guy talk, kept talking over him and was being a little snotty to him about the win projections.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548106.3 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • joemets22
Yeah, he's actually a fun interview. He should be the mouthpiece for the organization. David's interviews are such snoozefests. The dude is in love with his cliches.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • lllfxlll
not surprised.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 548106.6 through 548106.9 were deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • HundleytheLFer
Ehh I don't much care about what players say. But I thought that interview was as snoozy as it gets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • 86kid

>>>"mike would not let this guy talk, kept talking over him and was being a little snotty to him about the win projections."<<<

I did not hear the interview yet, but I don't even need to in order to know what you say about Mike talking over Ike is true. That's typical Mike. He does that to his guests all the time. He'll ask them a question, and before the guest can even get a complete sentence out of his mouth, Mike will interrupt , answer the question himself, and then ask another question and do the same thing all over again. Mike can really be a horrible interviewer.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • EasyOut

Here's part of the interview if you would like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTra8JY9SYs

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • nym698641
The best part was when he asked Ike what goals he was setting for this year and then starting listing goals for Ike, when Ike raised his voice and said I got one let me tell you. He shut him up because it seemed like Mike wanted to tell Ike what his goals should be. Then Ike lays a great goal out, 100 walks this season. Great answer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • 86kid
LOL ! Francessa has a hard time accepting the fact the listeners actuay want to hear what his guests have to say, rather than what Mike has to say. Sometimes the guy is such an arrogent bloke, there is no room on the air for anything other than his over-barring self .
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/6/13
  • lizzz

I like how Ike addressed the "guys" behind Frankencessa on the radio show, instead of just addressing him. Good for Ike.

Whatever, Franken...always seems to be toying with Mets/Mets fans....like he doesn't really take us too seriously (because we stink).

I hope this season we REALLY <piss him off.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Brian McCann
Latest by Bwaah - 12:07 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:05 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by thagreat1 - 12:03 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:03 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by panthernet - 12:03 PM
Minor League Baseball
Latest by miracl3met - 12:00 PM
Beautiful play!
Latest by AdrianMonk - 11:59 AM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM
Three Funniest Posters
Latest by jereviens - 11:43 AM