• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Johnson had a better season than Upton did;bad trade for AZ
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • stearnsy12

Chris Johnson had 7/35/.286 with a slg pct of .503 in 147 abs playing for Arizona last year after being obtained from Houston

Upton had an off year but i have to think the Braves did great in this deal without giving up much at all....

they pick up their 25 year old starting RFer and 28 year old starting 3b for Martin Prado and 4 lesser prospects while keeping their top 3 pitching prospects?....

very strong deal for the Braves and you have to figure Towers was up against it to make this deal

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • stearnsy12

Delgado has fallen off the map a bit,Ahmed is a good defensive shortstop with speed who hit .269 at A+ ball,Spruill is close to our Mazzoni,and Drury hit .229 at A ball this past season....

honestly Murphy,Familia,Mazzoni,Tovar,and TJ Rivera

but from us they wanted Wheeler?

quite a step down from the Mariners' offer

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • stearnsy12

at MLBTR some analysts are saying that Arizona got "50 cents on the dollar" in return for a player everyone in baseball knew Towers wanted to trade

and rival executives are saying that Arizona "squandered" a lot of talent this offseason but expect Arizona to contend this year

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • MetObserver
I think they handed Atlanta a headache so now they will have two of them in the outfield. This career line on B.J. isn't all that great: .255 .336 .422 .758 and certainly not what they paid for in my opinion. And he did this while playing most of his game in the AL East with small parks like Toronto, NYS, Baltimore and Boston. Wait until he sees how big Citifield, Washington, Miami and Atlanta are. Philadelphia should be his best park to hit in same for his Brother and that is okay with me.
  • Reply to this Message