• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• WAS UPTON AN UPGRADE??
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012

Dont get me wrong he would have been an upgrade for us but with the Braves including Prado was this an upgrade? Yes thet got younger but...

Prado .301 AVG .359 OBP .438SLG .797 OPS 5.4 WAR 42 doubles, 6 triples, 10 HRS and 17 SB
Upton.280 AVG .355 OBP .430 SLG .785 OPS 2.1 WAR 24 doubles, 4 triples, 17 HRS and 18 SB

Ohh and Walks/ KO

Upton 63/121
Prado 59/69

Am I missing something here the Braves traded this guy who had better overall stats and a young pitching and a couple of prospects.

Again I am not sure the Braves got any better with this move.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 4545_ajd
Chipper Bourn and Prado > Upton and Upton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 4545_ajd

"Am I missing something here the Braves traded this guy who had better overall stats and a young pitching and a couple of prospects.

Again I am not sure the Braves got any better with this move."

It's an OK move since it didn't look like they were going to sign Prado to an Extension.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM

Wow...those are some pretty sobering stats for people on the Braves bandwagon right now.

J.Upton is overrated.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Maye it keeps them even over the long haul (depends on the prospects and the young pitcher Delgado) but is their offense any better this year? Dont think so, And ya gotta factor as you pointed out Bourn and Chipper also gone, I think the 2013 Offense is actually a lot weaker.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • govmule72
One season aside, Upton is younger, has more power, and has more speed. He's better than Prado, and will get better. Plus, they wanted both brothers in the OF pushing each other to play better.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012

Agreed and the loss of Bourn and Chipper means that the 2013 Offense wont be as good.

Last year only 50 runs separated is from the Braves, The replacement of Thole, Shoppach and Nickeas with Buck and TDA should ahve closed the gap some, Add in the departure of Bay and Torres and we should be alot closer to the Braves, Now if we got bourn I think that would tip the tables in out favor.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • danthemetfan
having the Uptons together is the only bright side I see to trading for Justin. The Mets couldnt have done that. Since they cant control who did trade for him, it is a good thing this deal got done and the Mets didnt pull the trigger.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012

How do you know he will get better? Most here dont think Duda will get better so why the trust Upton will?

That said for the long haul they are atleast a psuh since Prado must likely was gone soon, But for 2013 the Braves did not improve.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • thebobymon
Like Oasis, nothing but good tidings.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • thebobymon

>>How do you know he will get better? Most here dont think Duda will get better so why the trust Upton will?<<

Must I remind you of the Golden Rule?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • RobfromLI

Why only one season?

Upton (26) .278 .357 .475 .832 108 363 80

Prado (29) .295 .345 .435 .780 52 286 30

I'd say Upton is an upgrade when you look at their careers, age and production.

Prado is good, don't get me wrong. He'd be the best OF'er on the Mets by a land slide but he hasn't produced what Upton has and Upton is three years younger. What kind of numbers will Upton have when he's 29?

This isn't even close.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012

What rule is that?

Every Met stinks every other teams players are great?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • thebobymon
; )
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Prado's numbers represent what he can do in natural to pithcer friendly parks, Uptons numbers show what he can do in a hitters park and his road stats show the real story, Check out the thread on his raod VS home stats, Very eye opening.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metsfansince89
upton is on a whole new level than prado. these guys should in no way be compared.... upton will be killing us for years now ugh
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> Prado's numbers represent what he can do in natural to pithcer friendly parks, Uptons numbers show what he can do in a hitters park and his road stats show the real story, Check out the thread on his raod VS home stats, Very eye opening.

Being with his brother could make all the difference in the world.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Motivation is one thing but actual talent is another, Will he be better then he was in ARZ because he is with his brother? Not sure but it could also backfire, What if down the road they trade one of them? How does the other react?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • RobfromLI

I saw that, I read that.

With that said it can't be all ball park. We used to say the same thing about Matt Holliday and his career didn't exactly hit any bumps.

Sometimes guys just play better at home than they do away and it doesn't matter where "home" is.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> Motivation is one thing but actual talent is another, Will he be better then he was in ARZ because he is with his brother? Not sure but it could also backfire, What if down the road they trade one of them? How does the other react?

Upton a very talented kid. It's unlikely but it could backfire.

• Reply to this Message