OBP .326
SLG .344

In 249 home ABS Upton has 11 HRS, 4 triples and 14 Doubles
in 305 Road ABS Upton has 6 HRS, 0 triples and 10 doubles

Is he a product of his home park?

I figured I would do back the last three years

Home 781 ABS .311 AVG .392 OBP .536 SLG .928 OPS
Away 860 ABS .253AVG .331 OBP .408 SLG .739 OPS

Very eye opening, And I wanted the guy but not at the asking price, Gotta wonder how that will translate in ATL. He did hit well in Citi Field in very limited ABs

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • danthemetfan
You can go back through his entire career, 67% of his production is in Arizona. While he probably wont be that bad in Atl, think of how bad he would be 81 games in Citi Field. It is a good thing the Mets passed on him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM
No doubt he is being overrated. Nice player, not an Allstar.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Dont really know I checked the last three years and in a handfull of games he had a near .300 AVG but 81 games a year is a different story, And I also checked Prado had similar stats if not a little better in ATL, Not sure this was actually an upgrade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Funny thing is I might have kept Prado if I were the Braves.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • danthemetfan
Ive gone through Upton's stats as I have been arguing against trading for him since the dedline last year. In 5 years he has 1 very good season, 1 nice season, and 3 seasons he could play for the Mets and this board would want him gone at all costs. Each season he got almost all of his production at home. Once he batted .300, but usually comes in around .280. He hits .250 or under on the road, and Ks a ton. Whether he helps Atl or not, I still believe it was highly unlikely he would have been a good player in NY.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • jsmet
but he is still young and may have more Upside to him. But maybe he won't. time will tell
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • govmule72

"It is a good thing the Mets passed on him."

sigh

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> Funny thing is I might have kept Prado if I were the Braves.

I sure they would have loved to keep Prado. He is a FA in 2014 and Wren probably figured they wouldn't resign him. The D'Backs really wanted Simmons and Wren wasn't going to trade him. They wanted help on the left side of the infield. Basically that left Prado.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Very interesting to say the lease, I think this is the second time the Braves have made a move i felt was at best a push, Cant remember the other one.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
AGreed, I know fo Delgado but wonder about the two prospects.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547794.12 was deleted
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012

I just think the offense was a wash and then when you add in Delgado and the two prospects the Braves did not get any better and the Dbacks did not get any worse.

Prado is listed as a LF but I remember him playing third I think.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Agreed
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • murphstates
Many players have stark home/road splits. If you look at Ike's splits he shouldn't be playing half his games at Citi Field. Miguel Cabrera hit much better at Comerica last season and it's a cavern.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> I just think the offense was a wash and then when you add in Delgado and the two prospects the Braves did not get any better and the Dbacks did not get any worse.

Like I said I'm sure they didn't want to trade Prado. Who knows. Maybe Upton being with his brother will be just the thing he needs.

>> Prado is listed as a LF but I remember him playing third I think.

Prado has played 3B, short and 2B. I think he played 1B once or twice. He's a very underrated player. I think the Braves got better. How much so remains to be seen.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • MetObserver
Prado has played both corner outfield positions plus 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Short stop in his career.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • Bravesupnorth

With the exception of Prado (whose days were numbered anyway) the Braves didn't give up anything of real consequence in this trade. I like Delgado, but the Braves at this point are higher on Teheran, J.R. Graham, and Sean Gilmartin. There are other pitchers with promising futures as well. Also, Chris Johnson and Juan Francisco will produce enough at 3B to not cause a huge hole. Upton isn't Albert Pujols, but the Braves got younger and better while not mortgaging the future. That's every GM's goal.

If Alderson landed Upton without giving up any major future pieces, I'm sure you would love the trade and rightfully so.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • danthemetfan
You can sigh all you want, but Upton was not going to be a .280+ hitter with 20 HR in NY. It is much more likely he would hit his career numbers outside of Arizona of .250 and 10, and the Mets have that already.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
I guess time will tell.
  • Reply to this Message