• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Rosenthal: Zero chance Mets sign Bourn
  • To:All
  • 1/23/13
  • thegoldenboy

One person familiar with Mets doubts team will sign Bourn. "Zero chance," he said.

-Rosenthal

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • 4545_ajd
Not what he said. He said zero chance Mets meet Boras' price.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Isn't that the same result though?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • ExileMetsFan
Effectively yes
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • 4545_ajd

"Isn't that the same result though?"

If any team was willing to meet Boras' price Bourn would have been signed by now. Boras' price is going to have to come down eventually unless some team all of the sudden decides they need to overspend for Bourn.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • PrayedforBay
Yes, but when it comes down it will come down in an increment that is still above our price and ultimately equal with some other team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • ExileMetsFan
I think his point is that they WILL NOT meet his price, not just now, but at all
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/23/13
  • CPCP
Ah well. Can't imagine any Met fan is really upset about this. Sure, he's a good center fielder but Boras will ask for way too much and we'll be happier we didn't sign him one year from now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • 4545_ajd

So whoever his source is knows both how much the Mets will spend and how low Boras will go? I guess he is a double insider who works for both the Mets and Scott Boras. Maybe he is the one that told Peter Gammons Bay was more likely to play for Beirut...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • marvelousmarvin
I was under the impression that Bourne was looking for a one year deal to try and rebound a bit. Nevertheless, Boras' price is always too much unless there is a fool. I think the draft pick for a one year deal is a big issue.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld

This team can't afford Scott Hairston.

Tell me, what are the odds they can afford Bourn?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • ExileMetsFan

"So whoever his source is knows both how much the Mets will spend and how low Boras will go? "

They probably have an inkling. But regardless, it's pretty obvious to me that they aren't going to do it, regardless.

We've heard this song before, man. I'm tired of it myself. Nothing against you, you're a good poster, but it's just not happening.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 4545_ajd

"This team can't afford Scott Hairston."

Who said they couldn't afford him? There is a difference between not being able to afford a player and not thinking he is worth paying. Josh Hamilton they couldn't afford, Hairston they didn't think was worth paying. Which isn't much of a surprise considering the fact that Sandy and the rest of his staff are all big OBP guys and Hairston OBP is pretty terrible.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 4545_ajd

"They probably have an inkling. But regardless, it's pretty obvious to me that they aren't going to do it, regardless.

We've heard this song before, man. I'm tired of it myself. Nothing against you, you're a good poster, but it's just not happening."

Ironic thing is I heard this same song from you about the Mets having no intention on signing Wright.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?sr=y&msg=545131.14&nav=messages&webtag=ml-mets

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • ExileMetsFan

Hey, I was wrong. Sue me. You've never been wrong?

Don't do the post thing, man. It's petty. I'm not one of the haters. I've been on your side for YEARS on this forum. I'm just worn out. I have zero confidence in ownership and management.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • govmule72

"Not what he said. He said zero chance Mets meet Boras' price."

Well even if it was league minimum they wouldn't meet it...so it's not very relevant.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • bbjmparis
Sure, why would any Met fan be upset that we have the worst outfield in baseball, and refuse to do anything to make it better? Why would that upset anyone? Why should Sandy do something to help the team? Well, I'm upset, and I don't think I'll be any happier about it next year...or the year after that, or any other year. I'd much rather watch a team with professional major league players than Kirk N striking out, and us losing 90 games. Silly me
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547763.18 was deleted